Chapter 14 (Part 1)

Začít od začátku

I woke up to the front door slamming mixed with thunder from the outside rain.

My mom barged into my room, "Remy where the hell have you been, I've been calling you all day!"

"How you claim you concerned about where I was and you missed my whole birthday?"

She scoffed, "It was just your nineteenth. We've spent every year together since you were born, I can afford to miss one. So, where have you been?"

I laughed, rolling my eyes and standing up, starting to get dressed to go back to Aug's house.

"Little girl, you hear me talking to you!" She came and shoved me, making me fall back onto the bed and I stood up quickly, "Oh what you gon' do? You think you grown or something?"

I ignored her provoking me and just went to put my shoes on.

"Since you getting dressed, pack a bag, too, we leaving."

"Leaving for what?" I stopped moving and turned to her.

"I can't be in the same house as your father any longer! He's kept too many damn secrets and we are leaving. We're going to your grandmothers."

Mind you my grandma lived all the way in Seattle, I'll be damned if I moved that far away from school and my friends, even August.

"I don't wanna go." I stated.

"I didn't ask what you wanted to do, we're leaving. Your father has put both of our lives in danger with this bullshit, now is not the time to defy me."

"Well I don't wanna go mama. I have important things here and you can't make me do shit I don't want to!" I yelled back at her and she slapped me.

She froze and went to apologize but I shoved past her.

She followed me around my entire room as I packed a bag, but not to go with her, screaming hysterically about how she couldn't believe I was turning on her.

I just ignored it, going outside to my car. The rain had me drenched by the time I was inside and I pulled out of the driveway.

I got a phone call from Dayvid while I was on the road.

"Remy come get this drunk bitch Tori off my fucking porch before I hurt her!"

I changed directions, making the short drive to Dayvid's house.

I ran inside the house and it looked like Dayvid was about to have smoke start spilling from his ears.

"What happened?" I asked Dayvid.

"This ditzy, drunk ass bitch came here talking crazy, she lucky I ain't knocked her teeth out already!"

Tori was just standing outside, obviously under the influence, as she paced the yard outside of Dayvid's house.

"Oh bitch please, you call Remy weak ass of all people?" Tori slurred, "The bitch can't even fight them suicidal thoughts let alone anybody else. I don't even know why August deal with you."

"Watch your mouth bitch!" Dayvid yelled as I held him back.

"Fuck you and this dumb bitch shoulda been killed herself! I don't even know why I was cool with ya'll hoes for so long."

I sucked my teeth before turning around and running up on Tori.

I swung faster but Tori was strong and I knew it. She had me by my hair, slinging me around but I was hitting her in the face as hard and as fast as I could.

Dayvid came and pulled me away once he saw me slip, bucking at Tory making her flinch.

"Get off my property drunky bitch, your ride waiting."

Tori stumbled off, holding her face and I sighed, "You okay, Dayvid?"

"I'm good, Floyd, are you?" He chuckled and I smiled.

"Me and my mama got into it again. Honestly, I just need to see my man."

"Well you go to your man and call me tomorrow with details. Ion wanna have to run up on Mrs. Taylor."

I left there and drove out to Aug's place, excited to lay and cry with him.

When I arrived, his car still wasn't in the driveway but I brushed it off.

I unlocked the door with the key he'd given me and stepped inside, "August?"

When I didn't get a reply, I pouted, assuming he was still working and made my way upstairs to change out of my wet clothes.

After two hours of eating whatever I could find in his fridge and binge watching the 100 on netflix I started getting worried.

I called him a few times and it went straight to voicemail.

The rain had stopped so I put my shoes on, going back out to my car.

I'd look all over Houston for him if I needed to.

I had been driving for almost half an hour before I pulled over and lay my head against the steering wheel, sighing long and hard.

Then the radio came on.

"Breaking news, there were multiple shots fired on 73rd and Apple.. a man was shot. He's being rushed to the nearest hospital as we speak..."

My vision became blurry as I sat up, talking to myself.

"They not talking about August. Can't be."

"...the victim has been identified as an August Alsina."

My entire body began to shake as I made a U-Turn towards the hospital.

I barged through the hospital doors and went to the desk, "Is August Alsina here? Is he okay?"

"Ma'am I can't tell you that type of information unless you're his immediate family."

"I'm his wife."

She looked at me for a long time before she began typing on the computer, "He was rushed into surgery not too long ago from a bullet wound to his shoulder."

I didn't hear anything else she said, I stumbled to a chair in the waiting room, breathing heavily as tears came to my eyes.

I couldn't lose my happiness as soon as I'd gotten it. I wouldn't be able to live.