CHAPTER 13: "I think there is a problem in the company's security system."

Start from the beginning

I shook my head in disbelief. There was no point in thinking about that. I wasn't going to find a lifesaver.

I continued with my pace but I was seriously struggling in walking because of my somewhat broken heels and also because of the pain in my ankle but there was not any other option. I couldn't just sit in the car all night with a hope of finding some genuine person who would give me a lift.

And not just I was struggling to walk but I was growing more scared every second due to the awfully quiet road and the cheeping of the crickets. And on top of that I was struggling to walk in this skirt! Ugh! They're all right who says that every bad gets back to you. I fought with Mom and Dad, I argued with them and that's why I'm getting this in return.

I sighed and continued walking again and just as I looked ahead, I saw a car on its fullest, speeding its way towards me causing my eyes to widen in shock.

God!

I tried moving to the side as fast as I could but before I could even take a step forward, my ankle decided to start paining, just at the wrong time, causing me to immediately kneel down and hold it.

I looked ahead of me to see the car only getting closer, its headlights beaming to its brightest.

No!

Before I could take in anything, I noticed the car only a few metres away from me causing my eyes to immediately close thinking that it will knock me over any second.

I thought that I was going to fall unconscious when I heard the loud screeching of the car, causing me to immediately snap my eyes open and snap my head towards it.

The car had stopped right in front me and I was saved. Oh My God. I was actually saved.

I didn't think something this dramatic would happen with me and my thoughts were suddenly broken with the loud slam of the door.

"What the- Are you out of your mind!? You could have-" My attention was instantly diverted to the firm voice that belonged to the person driving the car and-

"Ira." He uttered in a tone that was highly surprised. I swallowed deeply and glanced at myself, sitting on the ground before I glanced back to him.

Neel.

I noticed as his eyes trailed on me from top to bottom making me nervous. On top of that I had to make it worse by wearing the skirt and off-shoulder crop top. As soon as he perceived me looking at him, he immediately looked away from my attire directly at me.

"What are you doing here and," He briefly checked his watch before turning back to me. "At this time?" He questioned and walked closer to me.

"Will you help me get up?" I snapped completely ignoring his question as he sighed before forwarding his hand to me. I quietly placed my hand into his and he instantly pulled me up noticing that I was wearing a skirt and so I would have a hard time getting up by myself. My foot was still paining which made it hard for me to stand and I immediately took hold of his arm for a support. He noticed and turned to look at me as I also fixed my eyes up at him.

"What's wrong with your ankle?" He questioned as I glanced to have a look at it before turning to him.

"I kicked the car door in anger and-" I threw my hands up signifying the rest as he shook his head at me.