Ink

THANK YOU FOR 2K READS I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH AHGHH

***

Before they knew it, they were slowly getting closer to Friday night; the decided night for Jack's last birthday celebration. At this point he was getting tired of all of the festivities, and he just wished he could get out of the spotlight soon. It did take a lot of the stress off knowing Alex was okay now, and that he didn't have to worry about him. It did upset him that Alex was scared of him leaving, but he knew it wasn't the pink-haired boy's fault.

On Thursday, he woke up alone in his room and sat up, dreading the fact that he had to go into work. Not to mention word still hadn't gotten out that he had slept with Alex, and he wanted to let them know of the boy's insecurity before the bar tomorrow.

He decided to text Alex to clarify if that was alright, as he only wanted to make sure he'd be okay tomorrow night.

To Flower Boy:

hey, love. Is it okay if I tell the guys today? I'll only be telling the guys that are coming tomorrow. I just want them to know so they don't find out and tease you tomorrow. I'll make sure you're safe, promise. I love you lots

Alex read it quickly and typed back a response.

From Flower Boy:

I guess so, only if it's for that reason though. I love you too, and I'm sorry if I'm being a burden.

Jack sighed and made sure to tell him he wasn't a burden before shutting off his phone and getting ready for the day.

When he made it into work, everyone was already there, and he was greeted with a smiling Brendon preparing his station for a client. "Hey bro."

Jack nodded at him. "You got someone coming in?"

"Yeah. At ten."

"That's an early one."

Brendon shrugged. "I guess. Let's just hope I don't fuck it up." He chuckled.

"That's true."

The four fell into a conversation after a few moments, laughing about various things. Jack then turned to Rian with raised eyebrows. "Are Danny and Nano coming in today? You said they were gonna come in for lunch to chill with us."

Rian confirmed with a nod, Zack pitching in soon after. "Has Alex met them yet?"

"Nah. I'm a little scared to introduce him to all of my friends. I wanna take it slow, I guess. He's not really used to the type of people I hang out with."

Brendon shrugged. "I guess. I'm surprised you of all people are so attached to him. He just seems a little too innocent for you, I guess. Does it ever bother you?"

Jack sighed. He never really thought about it bothering him, because Alex never did anything wrong. "Not really. I just get worried about him sometimes. He's fragile; but I love that about him. I wanna help him become more social."

Brendon hummed. "That's true. You guys are just like, polar opposites."

Rian turned and leaned backwards onto the counter. "I mean, Dallas and I are really alike. When it comes to working out and stuff. I feel like I couldn't deal with her if she was that fragile." He shrugged.

Jack grumbled to himself. The last thing he wanted was to say mean things about his boyfriend. "I know, but that's just you. Alex is cute, and I really do love him. Just be easy on him tomorrow, alright?"

Rian sighed. "I know. He's gotta get used to us sometime anyway."

"He does like you guys, he's just a little scared is all. He doesn't do well with teasing."

"That's fair." Zack pitched in. "Jesus, you're so tough compared to him. Must be easy to order him around, huh?"

"Order him around?" Jack furrowed his eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

"Yknow. Like in bed and stuff. He's probably a wimp."

Jack raised his eyebrows. "That actually reminds me, I thought I should tell you guys about,"

Jack was then cut off by a woman walking into the store who Rian had to check in for her appointment. Brendon made a face at Jack from across the room. "Can't talk about it, eh?"

"I'll tell you later."

The man chuckled, diverting his attention from Brendon as he got the woman prepared for her tattoo. She ended up only getting something small- a tree with some bible verse around it. She was fairly talkative, although all she talked about was her kids and how she'd never get as many tattoos as Brendon.

The employees were relieved to see her out, Rian taking her money and thanking her. As soon as the door shut groans were heard all across the room. "Fuckin' Christian moms, dude."

"I know. She wouldn't stop mentioning her fuckin' kids. And she looked uncomfortable with us the whole time." Brendon sighed, wiping down his work station and throwing away his gloves. He then turned to Jack with his eyebrows raised. "So, what do ya gotta tell us, huh?"

The man cleared his throat and looked to the floor. "I slept with Alex."

***

Alex hummed a soft tune along with the headphones in his ears as the water trickled from his watering can into the flower beds in his front yard. Today was stressful, to say the least; all he wanted was some time to calm down. He hoped that Jack would make sure that he wasn't going to be teased tomorrow. And he hoped that he wasn't annoyed with him. It was a repeating pattern, people getting upset with him over how he didn't do well with being embarrassed. He hoped that he'd grow out of it eventually, so he didn't have to keep making people angry.

The thing that got to him was the fact he really didn't know Jack's feelings about this. On the outside he was lovely and all, but he didn't know how he felt on the inside. But then again he always worried about how people really thought of him.

His gut told him something he didn't want to believe, though.

***

I have a new book up! It's just gonna be gay band one shots and you guys can request p much anything! Go to my profile to find it 💖

~aus