Chapter 24 : Is That What You Think?

Start from the beginning

Waving 'bye', to each other with a smile, Swara stepped inside their room and Rajat went from there. She slowly stepped towards Sanskar's room's door, and to her surprise, the door was slightly open.

"Where is he?" She mumbled to herself.

Smiling to herself, she entered the room and her smile slightly lowered when she found no one in the room.

"Sanskar?" She called over the room.

The next moment, a sound of rapidly running water rushed her ears and she frowned. And the next sound she heard literally shaked the ground beneath her feet.

"Rajat! Is that you?"

Came Sanskar's muffled voice and Swara supposed that his voice was in the bathroom, and the sound of water was coming from there only. So that meant...

Sanskar was having bath?! At this time? She felt very giddy imagining all the things that came in her mind.

Holy shit! Why did she come here now?

"Rajat?!"

Swara shut her eyes tight as if she was about to embarass herself the next minute. She could sense the danger coming up.

"I know someone is there in the room. It must be you only, Rajat. Who else can it be? Please, give me my towel. I forgot to take it when I came here. It must be somewhere in the room only."

"Huh?!" She groaned, trying not to yell after hearing what he said.

"Please bring fast! I'm wet and I don't have anything to wear for the time being. I can't come out like this." He requested from inside.

Her breath stopped and her heart threatened to protrude out of her ribcage.

"Ugh..." She groaned unsurely.

"Why are you sounding like a girl? Come on, bro. I want to get ready soon."

She turned around too quickly to search for the towel but stumbled on her way. Saving herself from tripping over, she looked everywhere she could and tried to get out of here as soon as possible. She tried to distract herself from all kinds of overriding thoughts in her mind.

Finally, she found an orange towel and gripping it at it's very end, she knocked at the bathroom door.

Sanskar opened the door only half, in a way that he didn't see the person. "At last! Thank you!"

He extended his hand out and Swara stood in a way that only his hand was visible to her. She exhaled deeply in a relief and tried to run from there only to get another heart attack.

"Stupid. This is your towel. Why on earth are you giving me your towel?! Kya Rajat, kya ho gaya hai tujhe?" He pulled the towel a little bit, Swara's trembling fingers still gripping it. "And wait! What has happened to you? Your hands were never so thin. Are you not eating well these days?"

Swara's heart displaced from where it was and and she felt like fainting as Sanskar ranted, running his wet hands over her 'thin' forearm which made her lose her mind even more.

"Your hands have become so thin-"

"What should I do. What should I do. Oh god, please save me! Please save me."

Much to her shock, Sanskar opened the door fully, so that he could see who he thought was there. Swara finally embraced herself for the impending doom.

Before Sanskar even realized it was Swara, she shouted loudly.

"AAAHHHH!!!"

"WHAT THE... Shit!" He yelled loudly after looking at her and having nothing to defend himself, he embraced himself by Rajat's towel. For the time being.