Even though the hotel was filled with people, thanks to soundproof walls, all was quiet. Every audible was amplified- even the sound of our breathing.

Synchronized and in time.

"When this tour ends, I'm on the next flight home." I fiddled with the keycard in my hands, " Do you remember have life was like this date last year, Luke?"

He thought for a while before answering my question, "No," he stuffed his hands into his pockets. "No I don't."

"That's my point." I replied. "My time here is temporary and soon enough, you'll be preforming arenas whilst I'll be watching the blurry video clips off of YouTube."

He laughed at my lame attempt at a joke.

"If anyone knows time is temporary, it's me." Luke chewed on the metal ring on the corner of his lip. "I'm a performer, time in my world goes twice as fast. Before you know it, I'll be old, grey and on those 'Where are they Now?' shows on TV." he plucked the keycard back out of my hands.

I snorted, rolling my eyes at him has a wide grin appeared on his face.

"I can't predict what will happen, but I know one thing." he inserted the card into the slot, twisting the handle before turning back to me.

"My time with you may be temporary, but you've made a pretty damn permenant impact on my life, that's for certain."

***

Thankfully, no one else was present in the hotel room. Luke may have explained to everyone what had happened, but never-the-less I was glad that I could at least have sometime to gather and get my thoughts straight before facing the group again.

I sprawled myself out on the bed, relishing the feeling of the clean crisp sheets. Opening my laptop, I logged into my email. My mother can barely work a cellphone, so land-line and email was as far as she attempted. I clicked onto her messages that ranged from 'Tell Calum we say 'Hello'' to multiple messages about 'stranger danger'.

I opened a message with the subject stating that it was from Bradley. It was written in a green font, with around forty smileys dotted around the text. The whole email consisted of him bragging about not having to share a room for while I was gone and how mum now orders the Hawaiian topped pizza since I wasn't there. Basically, reading it there was a lot of scoffing and eye- rolling.

Then I got down to the fourth paragraph.

'I had my bass exam results today and they said I had potential :) Can you tell Calum? Pls:) Tell him to watch out because I have potential ok'

Reading it revealed such an odd sensation. I loved how the first thing that came into his mind wasn't the fact he passed the exam, but that all he wants Cal to know. And that he has 'potencial', of course.

I doubt he even know what the word means, but still.

My phone bleep to indicate I had yet another message. I pulled it out, groaning at the amount of unread messages. Instead, I checked my voice mail, flopping but head back onto the pillow and pressing loudspeaker.

A confused muffled sound came from my phone and a faint 'is this even on?' sounded before the voice became clear.

"Hi Sophie, it's Bree. I really hope this is working." her high pitched voice oozed from the speakers. "I hope you are safe, you're a smart girl, I know you won't do anything stupid but still, please be careful."

The line went silent for a while and I could hear Bree sigh in the backround. Her voice, unlike her usually poised, clear tone, was unstable. The concern mixed into her words was prominent as I listened to the recorded message.

"Look, Sophie, I know I haven't given you the best impression of me. Especially with this whole Ani thing I just- I just didn't think you'd believe me if I told you. I probably wouldn't have explained it that well either. So, I guess now's a better time then never, right?"

I sat up. I reached over to my phone, increasing the volume of the speakers.

"I have had this job since the boys started going on the road. I remember the first time Ani came to visit, she was... pleasant. Actually, at first we got along really well. She was nice to me. Like, really nice."

Now I was fully sat up, my phone pressed up against my ear. Bree's voice trailed off, hesitant of carrying on.

"Then, one night right before the guys went on stage, she ran into the dressing room and started confronting me about hitting on Ash. Texting him, trying to get close to him. Anything I did that was remotely close to Ashton she called me on." her voice started to speed up as she rambled into the mobile.

"I'm they're stylist, for goodness sake. She turned them all against me and at one point, I almost lost my job. I just don't understand how someone would go as far as that, I just," she paused. "She almost got me fired, Sophie."

Bree's voice was weak as she spoke. I opened my mouth to comfort her, before realizing it was on voicemail. Her tinny voice started streaming out of the cell phone again.

"Now you're here, I knew she'd try something. She'll do anything to get rid of us, the both of us. I can't believe I didn't just tell you, Soph." I heard her inhale sharply then shakily let go of the breath.

I know you didn't leak the information, Sophie." she said, her voice suddenly in the serious tone I heard when I first spoke to her.

"But I think we both know who did."

(A/N)

P.S. As I write this, the story is at 1,789 reads. I can't get my head around the fact you guys read my little story, let alone give me the feedback that you do. I feel a little silly writing this but whenever I feel down, I read your comments. They honestly make my day. You guys amaze me.

Thankyou so much you beautiful people, have a wonderful day x