36. revenge

I tried to calm my breathing as Jasper spoke to Murphy, "Put the gun down." he pleaded, his eyes moving past Murphy to look at Myles' dead body.

Murphy noticed his stares and turned his head to glance at the dead boy, "He tried to kill me!" he argued.

Jasper nodded, "It's okay, just put the gun down and-"

Murphy shook his head, "No, it's not! You know what will happen if you tell Bellamy".

I cast a look towards Jasper and then to Murphy. "Then we won't tell Bellamy" I reasoned, hoping to convince Murphy to let us go.

An unexpected voice chimed in, "Tell Bellamy what?"

My eyes darted down to Jasper's pocket where Bellamy's voice had come through the walkie. Jasper closed his eyes in defeat, realizing he had been caught.

Murphy pointed the gun at him, "Give me the radio, Jasper."

Jasper let out a breath as he slowly began pulling the radio from his pocket. My eyes darted from Murphy to Jasper, praying Murphy wouldn't pull the trigger. Jasper's right had was held out in front of him as a sign to tell Murphy to calm down. With his left hand he pulled the radio from his pocket but before giving it to Murphy he raised it to his mouth and pressed the button, "Murphy has a gun he killed Myles-"

Jasper was cut off when Murphy sent the butt of the gun into his face, knocking him to the ground with a thud.

I let out a choked gasp as Murphy swung the gun towards me, "Don't move!" he snapped before rushing towards the door, instantly pushing the button that closed and secured the thick steel door.

Bellamy's voice came through again, "Murphy, what the hell are you doing?"

I took this time that Murphy was preoccupied with closing the door to kneel down beside Jasper. "Are you okay?" I whispered, glancing back at Murphy to ensure he was still distracted.

Jasper groaned as he brought his hand up to his head, "Yeah, I'm okay."

"Murphy, open the damn door!" Bellamy ordered from outside, his voice full of rage.

Murphy turned to look at Jasper and I before flicking his gaze back to the door, "You try to be a hero, Jasper and your little sunshine die!"

---

I let out a muffled cry as Murphy secured a gag around my mouth before tightly tying my hands behind my back. Jasper was seated beside me, already gagged and tied.

Murphy stood up once he was sure I couldn't escape and began pacing around the drop ship. It was obvious that he had no idea what he was going to do. He either had to kill us or let us go, there was really no middle ground here.

He flinched slightly when a loud voice came from outside, "Murphy! Murphy I swear to God if you touch either of them I will kill you!" Octavia screamed, I had never heard her so angry.

Murphy shook his head with a laugh as he moved over to where Myles was, pulling a blanket over his pale body.

"Murphy, I know you can hear me." Bellamy's voice came through the radio, "All our ammo and food is in the middle level, you know that! You're leaving us vulnerable to an attack and I can't let that happen."

Murphy scooped up the radio, quickly bringing it to his lips, "Yeah, well in case you haven't noticed, you're not exactly in control right now."

Bellamy didn't miss a beat, "Come on Murphy. You don't want to hurt them, you want to hurt me."

Murphy turned to look at the two of us. Jasper had tears in his eyes, terrified of what was going to happen to us.

Bellamy continued, "So, what do you say, how about you trade them for me?"

My heart dropped at Bellamy's proposition and I instantly began trying to oppose against the gag. If Bellamy was in our place Murphy would kill him for sure.

"Look, all you have to do is let them go and I'll take their place."

Murphy looked over to us once again, a small smirk on his face, "How?" he asked.

There was a few moments of silence before Bellamy spoke again, "Simple. You open the door, I walk in, they walk out."

Murphy tapped his fingers against the radio, trying to decide whether to take Bellamy up on his offer. With a few more seconds of thought he made his way towards the door, pulling the lever to open it. Jasper looked over at me in awe, tears still fresh in his eyes.

Murphy walked back over to us, grabbing Jasper and pulling him up, "Let's go." he ordered, pulling him to the door. I waited for him to come and get me. but he didn't. Panic rose inside me as Jasper looked back at me with wide eyes, both of us realizing what Murphy was trying to pull. He wasn't going to let me go.

As the door opened fully, only being blocked by sheets of fabric, Murphy spoke. "Just you Bellamy, unarmed. 10 seconds or I put one in Jasper's leg."

And then he began counting, "One!"

He was going to kill Bellamy and I.

"Two!"

There was no way we were getting out of this alive.

"Three!"

Who knew my life would end at the hands of John Murphy.

"Four!"

"I'm here." Bellamy's voice was stern and calm. Moments later I heard the sounds of his feet hitting the metal as he walked up the ramp. I could see his shadow through the fabric, soon enough he came into full view.

Murphy gave Jasper a strong push, sending him out of the drop ship.

Bellamy's eyes met my teary ones and he turned to Murphy with a look of rage, "I told you both of them for me!" he boomed.

Murphy shrugged, "No, your sunshine stays with me."