36. Rumors

Hello lovelies! I'm back...again and I'm here with a little update on what's been going on in my life and why updates have been so sporadic. A few weeks back I started my job and my life has been pretty much consumed by. I'm working a lot of hours and it's been tiring me out to the point of coming home and sleeping leaving little time for me to write. Also, last week was my annual family vacation which was some much needed rest and relaxation and I only got one chapter of a book done while I was up there. But now I'm home and off for a couple days so here I am with updates. I can't promise they'll be frequent or as often as usual but I'm trying my best to find a balance with everything in my life right now and it's been a little tricky. I really appreciate your patience and I hope you all continue to read and enjoy my books as writing them is still one of my favorite things to do in my free time. I love you all so much and I hope you enjoy these updates.  

***************************************************************************************

I wake up early on Tuesday to an empty bed. I glance over at the clock and find the glaring red numbers beaming back 5:04 a.m. It was way to early for Maya to be up getting ready for school yet she certainly wasn't in bed with me.

I climb out of the bed and walk towards the living room where thr sound of typing gets louder and louder the closer I get. I peek around the corner and find my girlfriend sipping coffee with her laptop open in front of her. "Sweetheart what are you doing up?" I ask softly.

She looks up and sighs. "I couldn't sleep. This speech has to be perfect" she adds, looking back down at the screen.

I walk towards her and talk a seat beside her, throwing my arm over the back of the couch behind her shoulders. "Baby you need to sleep" I insist, kissing the top of her head.

"I know" she yawns, reaching back out for her coffee but I grab it and shake my head.

"Babe I'm serious" I insist, moving the mug out of her reach. "You need rest. Your speech is perfect, I promise."

"But-."

I shake my head, taking her laptop and closing it. "No buts. Come on" I insist, placing her computer on the table before standing up and reaching my hand out for hers.

She lets out a deep sigh but takes my hand, allowing me to pull her up with me. "You're lucky I'm too tired to argue with you."

"I know" I smile, tugging on her hand and leading her back to the bedroom.

~ 🚔 ~

The alarm blares at seven o'clock and I groan, snuggling further into Josh's embrace. "I don't wanna go" I complain.

He tightens his grip around my waist and kisses the top of my head. "You have to finish the year baby" he reminds me gently. "It's only a few more days."

"Too many days" I groan.

He laughs, tilting my chin up and placing a soft kiss on my lips. "It'll be okay" he assures me as a knock sounds on the front door.

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion as I look up at Josh. "Who is that?"

"I have no idea" he sighs, climbing out of bed and starting towards the living room. I scurry after him, watching him open the door and scared of who he'll find on the other side.

He pulls it open and finds Zeke standing on the other side. "Zeke?" he questions.

"Hey man" he smiles, brushing past him to walk in. "Maya" he smirks, obviously amused that we're here alone together.