5. Late Nights

Joshua Matthews was my mentor. For an entire month I would have to ride along with him and try not to let myself fall for him again. It was a disaster. I'm in my room on Monday night trying not to replay my every interaction with Josh over and over again in my head but it's proving to be quite difficult. An abrupt knock on my window brings me out of my thoughts and a mischievous grin spreads across my lips when my eyes land on my boyfriend. I stand up from my bed and walk over to the window, throwing it open and allowing him to stumble inside.

And I do mean stumble. The alcohol on his breath is hard to miss as he uses my bed and my arm to steady himself. I sigh, holding him up. "Babe how much have you had to drink?" I whisper as I guide him over to the mattress and set him down on the edge.

"Not that much" he shakes his head. "Baby you know I can hold my liquor" he adds making me sigh. I did know he could hold his liqour which is how I knew that to be this intoxicated he had to have had a lot.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, deciding to change the subject. I really wasn't in the mood to argue with him in this state.

"I came to see my girl" he murmurs as he reaches out for my hand and pulls me close. I reluctantly step towards him at the edge of the bed.

"Your girl has school tomorrow" I remind him, running my fingers through his hair. I loved the way the tendrils felt running through my fingertips.

"I know" he nods, encirling me in his arms, "but I miss you" he adds as he pushes on my back causing me to fall on top of him. He reaches up to caress my cheek and brings his lips to mine. They taste like beer and smoke, a taste I don't enjoy in the least. I push back from him and shake my head.

"Not tonight baby" I argue causing him to groan.

"When then?" he snaps, taking me by surprise. I'm taken back by his sudden outburst as he jumps off my bed. "It's been months baby" he says softly, walking towards me again. I'm only wearing a pair of athletic shorts and a tank top making it easy for him to touch me. His hand slips under the fabric of my shorts and my skin prickles. "When are you finally gonna wrap these fine legs around me and let me have my way with you?" he mumbles making my stomach churn. I didn't want my first time to include any guy "having his way with me." I wanted it to special. I remove his hand and shoot him a polite smile, not wanting to piss him off on this state.

"Just not tonight babe" I say softly. "I think you should go."

He sighs, running his fingers through his hair in frustration. "You want me to go? Fine" he shouts as he moves over to my window and leaves just as fast as he arrived.

~ 🚔 ~

My apartment is quiet when I'm alone. When I don't have one of the guys over or I'm not entertaining a female guest. I flip through the channels aimlessly while sipping a beer when my phone buzzes. I grab my cell and look down at the screen finding a number I don't recognize. I mute the television and bring the phone to my ear. "Hello?"

"Josh" the feminine voice drawls. Brianna.

"Hey Bri" I reply, mustering up as much excitement as I can manage. Evidently this girl wasn't used to the whole one night stand thing.

"What are you up to?" she asks causing me to look around my empty apartment.

"Not a damn thing" I reply honestly. "What's up?" I ask, suddenly intrigued. From what I remembered our time together wasn't bad. She wasn't the best I've ever had but she was good enough to have another round.

"I just got done with my shift and I'm getting some Chinese. I really hate eating alone so" she draws out, "i was wondering."

"Sounds like fun" I smirk.

"Yea?"

"Absolutely."