Truth

Valentina

"I have to go shopping" I said to Joshua as I walked into his room. He was sitting at his desk looking through papers.

"Let's go later" he told me. He's still just as controlling.

"I have to go now, I'm working later"

"The doctor said you shouldn't be doing anything to strenuous, so I don't want you working"

I put my hand on my hips. "I can't sit here all day Joshua I need to do something"

"Then wait for me, can you?" I didn't say anything and just peered at him.

He sighed and looked at me. "Have Nate go with you"

"Okay, Mr. Maxwell sir" I chuckled to myself.

"Don't call me that" he mumbled as I walked into the bedroom and looked at my computer.

I get that he doesn't want me working for Mr. Hawthorne, I don't either but I have too. I'm making good money there and it's an easy job.

If I keep this up then in just a couple months, I can afford a nicer place for Kenny and I to live in. Then we can start fresh.

I love Joshua with all my heart. He has done so much for me and I have to be grateful for that. But I can't be with him, I just keep thinking about all the bad things that happened while we were together.

I have things to do now. I don't want that to happen again, especially now that I have Kenny, I can't play around.

Kenny is my favorite person, he just doesn't know it yet. All his happiness and joy is all I need to keep going. I would die for him. I just love him so much.

"Mrs. Valentina" I looked up and Nate was standing by the door. "Are you ready?"

"Yes" I got up and shut my computer walking to the front door. Nate opened the passenger door for me and closed it when I got in.

When he started driving I sparked a conversation. "Why do you work Joshua?"

"I'm sorry?" He asked not understanding my question.

"You've been with him for what, six years now maybe longer?"

"Yes"

"Why? Why not quit and get a job where you can be with your family?"

"That's a good suggestion, thank you for that" he said flatly.

I sighed and looked at him. "That was a question, Nate"

He didn't say anything. "Fine, then tell me why Joshua has so many bad people out to get him"

"He doesn't have bad people out to get him"

"Who is Anthony?" I asked.

He looked at me. "How do you know that name?"

"I don't know I heard it from somewhere. How does Joshua know him?"

"That's something that Joshua has to answer"

"Do you know him?" He went back to saying nothing. "Stop driving" I said.

"What?"

"Pull over" He did as I said and I opened the car door.

"Where are you going?"

"I need you to answer my questions or I'm not going anywhere" I peered at him. "I'm tired of walking into traps! First with Leticia and now Bradley"

"Valentina-"

"I have a child and protecting him is my first priority. If Joshua is starting things he can't finish I need to know now"

He sighed and stared at the steering wheel. "You didn't hear it from me because I don't speak much"

I closed the car door and turned to him. "Not at all"

"Joshua... has a brother"

"I know" I nodded. "He has two, um... Maxwell and Max" I remembered their names because I thought it was the weirdest thing.

"No" he shook his head. "Max and Maxwell are adopted, he has a biological brother"

"Oh my God, who is this guy?"

"I think that's all I can say" he started the car and started driving again. I didn't even realize he had turned it off.

"What?!" I exclaimed. "You barely said anything"

"You need to get Joshua to tell you about him, it's not right for me too"

"Joshua is never going to tell me, you know how he is"

"You need to find a way because I can't. Get into a fight with him if you have to"

I sighed and sat back, looking out the window.

Joshua has a brother. He never told me, why did he never tell me? I can't believe it. "What else is he hiding?" I asked.

"You know I can't"

"There's more?!" I yelled. "Nate I cant be around him"

"You can't leave it'll break him"

"Staying will break me and Kenny, I can't put him in danger he's a baby"

"Do you know how miserable he was when you left?" he asked. I looked away from him and stayed quiet. "He was fucking terrible. His business almost went bankrupt because he wouldn't show up to work"

"What about that girl he was with?"

"Victoria?"

"Yea" He really had the nerve to get with a woman named Victoria.

"Well, she helped distract him enough to get him working again but he stopped needing her, after about a few weeks he realized that she isn't you. He needs you, Valentina. He doesn't function properly without you"

I sighed. "What do I do?"

"I say when we get back, talk to him. Get him to tell you the real truth or tell him you won't stay and you're taking Kenny"

"Because these are things I need to know?"  I asked for conformation.

"Yes"

I bit my lip. "I can't do that, that's mean"

"But you were just threatening me!" Nate laughed.

"I know, I just... I wish this whole thing never happened, it hurts me"

"Don't let him hurt you anymore" he looked at me.

He's right. I have to know the truth and I have to know what Joshua is involved in. I'm going to find out either way and if Joshua still wont tell me maybe Bradley will.