Brunch

There's something I don't quite understand about Bradley Hawthorne. He, for one, is nothing like his brother. He's more approachable then Michael but even then he's still intimidating.

I haven't figured him out yet. I don't know his intentions with me and that's not good.

I looked in the mirror one last time before I turned toward John. "How do I look?" I asked.

I put on a white sweater and some jeans and white shoes. It took me forever to find what to wear, I normally don't care about what I look like but today I do. I want to impress Bradley for some odd reason. He is my boss's brother.

He gazed at me a while before I answered. "You look great. How does mommy look, Ken?"

Kenny looked up from Johns phone and smiled "Beautiful"

"Thank you" I smiled and walked into the kitchen.

"Where are you guys going?" John asked as he followed.

"I don't know, to whatever place sells brunch" I sighed.

"Is he pretty?" He took a sip of his water.

I looked at him sideways. "It doesn't matter if he's pretty, he is nice and I keep turning him down"

"Why? You need to get out and have some fun"

"Kenny is my fun since you've been with your girlfriend"

He laughed. "You know I always make time for you"

"I know John" I smiled. "And I like Tina, she's good for you"

"She is" he smiled a toothy smile, cheesing over her. I'm glad he met her, they are madly in love and they have a healthy relationship. She's not another April.

I leaned against the counter and cross my arms. "I have to tell you something" I said quietly so Kenny couldn't hear.

"What's wrong?" John asked immediately concerned.

I took a deep breath before I answered. "Jess wants Joshua to know"

"About...?"

I nodded slowly and tried not to get emotional. I just can't stop thinking about it. I don't know if I can see if again. I don't know if I want to, I've finally moved on. I'm finally doing better.

He frowned and looked at the floor. "What when is this? And she doesn't get to make that decision"

"Tomorrow and she said she'd tell him if I didn't" I bit my lip. I stared into space.

"Think about something else" John said. He knows when I'm about to cry, he knows me too well.

The doorbell rang and my head shot up. "He's here" I said quietly.

"Go get the door"

"I don't wanna get the door you get the door!" I said sharply.

"Valentina"

"John" I whined.

He stood up and grabbed my arm, pulling me toward the door. I struggled to get away from him but then the door bell rang again.

"Bye baby" I kissed Kenny's cheeks and he hugged me before going back to his game.

I decided not to stall anymore and pushed John away from the door before I opened it.

Bradley looked up at me with a big smile and big blue eyes. "Hi" he said sexily not looking away from me.

I blushed and looked away for a second. "Hi"