Chapter 4

The slight banging made me open my eyes slowly. I looked to the direction where the sound was coming from and saw an open window hitting slightly against the wall because of the wind. We left it closed last night, but I guess someone opened it.

I looked to where Jason was sleeping but the bed was empty and already made. I guess he went down stairs already. I stood up but noticed something off.

There were dark red lines going from his bed to the door. I decided to pull the covers and that's when I flinched. A dark red puddle was on his bed. Was this blood? It's probably just a prank.

I decided to ignore those red lines and go downstairs for breakfast. I changed quickly and went down, but it was quiet. "Jason?" I asked but nothing was heard. I checked the rooms and they were all empty.

I went upstairs to look for them. First I followed the line that led from his room to the bathroom. "What the fuck did my life turn into.." I whispered to myself as I slowly stepped towards the bathtub where the line led. I stepped in front off it and gulped before I pulled the curtains that were covering whatever was lying in there.

I harshly pulled the curtains and screamed. I started shaking as fear corrupted my body. My vision started becoming blurry as tears covered my eyes.

Jason's dead body was laying in the tub, covered in half melted ice. His face was as pale as white paper, so lifeless. Some ice was in red color because of the blood, but I couldn't look anymore.

I stood there frozen, my hands covering my mouth. I shakingly ran out of the bathroom to his parents' room. I started banging on the door harshly. "Open up! Please open up and t-tell me that you're okay and that t-this is all a sick d-dream!! A nightmare!" I screamed as tears ran down my cheeks.

After a minute of me banging and nothing coming from the other side I decided to just barge in. Once again I screamed and froze in my tracks. There they were laying in their blood, dead.

I saw a tiny letter at their bed. I didn't want to take it, but a part of me told me to do so. I took my steps through the crimson liquid until I could reach it. When I did I was confused. It said "you shouldn't have left".

More tears ran down my cheeks so I was almost choking in them, so I ran downstairs. When I got down I heard a knock so u ran to the kitchen and grabbed a knife.

"Hello? Is everything okay? We heard a scream so we wanted to check." Someone said from the other side of the door. Probably their neighbors.

I put the knife down and headed towards the door, slowly because I was still shaking from the view. I opened the door to reveal a midaged couple.

They looked at me worried and I just bursted out in tears. "E-Eyeless Jack.." I cried out as their face got showered in horror. The woman hugged me in comfort as the man took out his phone and called the police.