Peak

A/N: HI plz SEND REQUESTS

Normila

Camila's POV

"You know I'm sorry, right?"

I only wish that sorry was enough. I only wish that us "forbidden lovers" hadn't gone as far in as we had. Well if you can even call it forbidden. It was only forbidden on Normani's end really. I only wish that my time with the stupid love of my life wasn't limited to bedrooms, janitor's closets, public bathrooms and my aged Jeep, the one we're currently in.

"This is so cliche." I say flatly. "But here we are again." I let my head fall back on my rickety leather head seat. Rubbing the sleep out of my eyes left me no relief under the pain that the beautiful girl in the passenger was putting me through. Every time I looked over at her she couldn't pick that guilty gaze up from her lap.

Until she eventually gathered enough courage to look right back at me. I willed myself to get lost in her hickory souls, trying to see if I could ever trust these eyes without a second doubt like I used to. "I know, I know. It's almost laughable at how cheesy, 2000's rom com this is. Almost." She sighed out from the right of me. I hate how her witty comments can still be funny with no warrant of how inappropriately timed her charm was. It wasn't her fault though. She was just her lovable self.

"You gotta quit doing this shit to me." I let out an unsteady breath, my thumb rubbing the leather of my steering wheel in hopes that it'd calm my nerves along with the Drake playing quietly as we listened to our breaths go by. "To us. You can't spend the day with him and the night with me. You especially can't start this whole mess up again as soon as you see my foot out the door. As soon as you see me trying to move on you just..." I stopped again, the knot in my throat getting bigger. And I really didn't want to break down over her again.

Treat you like princess
Rest in heaven Diana

"Camila...Baby, look at me." There she goes again. With a deep sigh I obeyed her request. "I'm trying okay? I'm trying to find the strength in me to leave him. But you are my strength. You are my motivation to get through this. It's just...It's just difficult to leave someone who's done nothing but be a sweet guy to me. It's hard to break a nice person's heart you know?" I couldn't help the scoff I let out. You break mine everyday, darlin'.

"So it's easier to just put me in pain instead is what you're basically saying."

"You're twisting my words, Camila."

"Am I, Normani?" I could tell she was getting annoyed at my brash attitude but I didn't care. "Tuh. I should have known not to mess with another straight girl. I should have fucking known." I mumble.

Piquing my interest
She got peak like Montana

"Really, Mila?" I didn't have to lift my gaze from the radio to know that that was definitely hurt I heard. She's getting pissed, and you know what? So be it. I shouldn't be the only one hurting here. "No, look at me! Look at me when I'm speaking to you."

England breeds proper girls
Where are all your good manners?

My head whipped towards her, eyes ablaze. I didn't take too kindly to the high horse attitude and entitlement I was getting from her. It was always her first. Always. "I'm not one of these little girls that throw themselves at you in the halls. So don't address me as such. You and me...We have too much history for you to diss me like that. It's more complicated than you're making it out to be and you know it."

"I'm making it more complicated? Really? I'm making it more complicated by not wanting to be a second choice anymore? This is cheating, Mani! Like do you even hear yourself right now?"

Reply with pleasantries
Honestly I can't stand ya

Her head was in her hands now and all I can do is watch her. Hoping she could fix this whole thing because I've got no clue how to do so. I've stayed up late at night trying to formulate a solution to this, trying to get over her but you just don't get over people like Normani Kordei. That's probably why my heart hurts so bad, it's fallen so many times for her.

You gon make me turn up on you

"Mila you're not a second choice. I told you baby you're my strength. My motivation." Her hand reached over to mine and pressed it to her forehead.

"Motivation huh? Maybe I need some motivation of my own then."

What you thought of me?
Never had me missin a beat

"What's that supposed to mean?"

I looked over at her, eyes raking her ethereal features glimmering in the soft moon light. God, she was breathtaking. Even when I'm fed up.

They don't want problems with me
Talk used to be cheap nowadays it's free

"It means my source of motivation is being shared and maybe that's not enough for me." I shrugged, letting that closed off demeanor settle in. "Maybe I need a little something on the side."

She dropped my hand at that and I felt my skin going cold at the absence of her touch. "Camila, you better not-"

"Better not what? Do the same thing you're doing? Sharing leaves me hungry. I need something extra." I unbuckled my seat belt and swiftly slipped out of the driver seat and walked over to help Normani out. "Come on, I'll walk you to your front door."

People are only as tough as they phones allow them to be
Girl that could never be me
I found my peace I'm about to say my piece
You may not agree with me

She hesitantly hopped out, most likely still hung up on what I just said. Nevertheless, I held the quiet girl's hand and walked her up the fancy, tiled walkway to the entrance of her respectable home just as I promised.

"Here's your stop." A part of me, a very big part of me wanted to give her a peck goodbye but then I realized her parents might see me. Although she may not have many regards for me and my half of the situation, I decided I wouldn't want to get her in trouble with her parents because of a kiss that she most definitely didn't even deserve. "I'll see you at school I guess." I turned on my heel just to be stopped by her honey like voice. Except it didn't sound so cool and collected at the moment.

"Mila, where are you going?" Being the reason that the girl you're helplessly in love with looks like she just lost her puppy isn't a good feeling. At all. But when you've been through what we have, what I have it's a bit hard to be considerate of another's feelings when yours have been picked at raw.

"To get some motivation." I rasped out, full of uncertainty. I wasn't certain what was certain anymore. Normani had always been certain for me. But she wasn't making a choice soon.

She nodded bitterly, a hurt smile spreading across her face. "Don't do anything tonight that you'll regret."

And as if on some sick and twisted cue, Keith in all his glory opened the door, a love sick look on his face. One I've definitely worn around the complicated girl.

"Hey babe! Me and your parents have been waiting for you. We made spaghetti!" He beamed. There was tomato paste all over his chin and neck and a bit splattered on his apron that said 'Kiss the Cook'. Perfect. "I got a bit of it on me, though." He hiccuped in a fit of laughter as he tried to lick some off of his chin but to no avail.

Normani looked at me with the most guilty and apologetic face you would have thought she stabbed my grandma or something. What I didn't need was her pity. I feel sick to my stomach just thinking about the useless string off apologies I would be getting on my phone later.

"The same thing goes to you, Normani."

Before either one of them could get another word in I jumped in my Jeep and sped off to wherever the easiest motivation could be found.

I drove and drove, turning the dial on the radio up to unhealthy volumes. The tears were finally catching up to me, or maybe just one. I felt the the hot drop fall down my cheek. And it was rolling and rolling and rolling just like the wheels beneath me, beating gravel and paved road.

You gon make me turn up on you