Chapter 9 - The 200 Hall

Anthony wasn't kidding when he said he would force me to spend the whole weekend with him, learning how to drive. The good thing is that I actually got a lot better. 

On Thursday, I had successfully managed to avoid Daniel. Monday was also a success, and easier too since I only had one class with him. Today was going to be a bit hard, though, since I've been using the nurse excuse way too much. The nurse herself was even starting to get suspicious. I didn't know how much longer I could keep this up. 

It wasn't easy either. With every day that passed, my longing for him would only grow. My wolf was annoyed and uneasy. She still wouldn't talk to me, and there was nothing I could do to calm her down.  

The nurse came out of her office and said, "If you're feeling well enough, could you take this to Mr. Hans."

"Sure. Which room is he in?" I asked as I took the envelope from her hands. 

She replied, "He's in room 256." 

256? That's in the tenth grade hall. I heard it gets wild over there. 

"Okay. I'll be back soon," I said and walked out. 

After I left the room, I walked down the hall cautiously, looking out for Daniel's scent. Everyone was currently in sixth period, so I should be fine since our Spanish class is the other way. I still had to be careful, though. 

Once I reached the end of the hallway, I took a right turn into the 300 hall. I stopped when I almost ran into a boy with greasy black hair that was messily hanging over his eyes and dirt smeared all over his face and clothes. He reeked of dirty sewage water and dead rats. 

It was Gross Gary. 

I took a few steps back once the horrid smell crept its way into my nose. My enhanced wolf senses weren't making it any better. 

He looked at me and smiled creepily. 

"Do you want to play with me?" He asked in a high-pitched voice. 

I pinched my nose and replied, "Uhh, no thanks. I'm good." 

I tried to walk past him, but he grabbed my wrist with his slimy hands. 

I quickly escaped from his grip and wiped my arm on my jeans. 

He had left a black handprint on my wrist, which now stained my jeans. 

I gagged when he stuck his finger into his nose. He pulled it out and showed me what was on his finger. I quickly looked away when I saw the green on the tip of his finger. 

"If I give you this, will you play with me?" He asked and brought his finger closer to me. 

"Ew! Stay away from me!" I yelled as I took a few more steps back. 

He frowned and looked down, then went completely silent for a few seconds. 

I didn't know what to do, so I just continued stepping backwards. Hopefully he wouldn't notice. 

Just when I thought I would get away, his head snapped up he began running after me, chasing me with his booger infested finger. 

I jumped and quickly ran away from him. I ran down the hall, and when I reached the end I took a turn to the left. I looked behind me and he was still after me. 

He grinned and picked up his pace. 

All I saw was a blur and next thing I knew he was right behind me. 

I yelped then reflexively punched him in the face. 

He fell backwards onto the floor with a loud thud. I stopped running and slowly crept towards him.