Chapter 45 - Normality

"If you all could bring out your novel that would be great. I'm going to give you a worksheet with twenty questions, you have until the end of class to finish." The teacher stated then went to his desk and started using his computer.

Carlie sighed and said, "I hate this novel. I don't even understand what's going on."

"Have you even read all of it?" I asked with a raised brow.

She looked away and replied, "No... But I read I summary on SparkNotes!"

I shook my head at her and said, "Carlie, I literally got kidnapped and fought in a war and still found time to read the novel."

"Hey I've been really busy! Those naps take effort, you know!"

I chuckled and said, "Whatever, I'll help you."

"Yay, thanks! My grade is on life support, I really need it."

I laughed at her comment and brought out my book from my backpack.

I began skimming the book for answers to the questions when I felt someone's gaze on me.

His gaze.

I turned around, letting my eyes travel to the back of the class. I caught my mate's eyes staring at me lovingly. He had the sweetest smile on his face.

"You're so pretty," he said through the mindlink.

I felt my face go hot in embarrassment. I hoped that he didnt notice, but his wide smile told me he did.

"Focus on your work!" I responded through the link, feeling flustered.

"Yes, Ms. Arrington... Or should I say Ms. Benson."

He's gonna be the death of me!

I felt my face flush completely. Of all times, why does he decide to flirt in class!

He smiled. I could feel the smugness through the link as he said, "I'll let you focus on your work, princess."

Two can play this game.

"Okay, but you look really handsome today, Daniel. Makes me want to go over there and sit on your lap right now."

I shut off the mind link, ending the conversation there.

I watched his eyes go wide before a tinge of pink appeared on his face. I watched his eyes darken for a second before going back to normal.

I chuckled to myself. I see why he likes doing it. This is fun.

I turned back around and saw Carlie eyeing me suspiciously.

"Are you guys flirting in class?" She asked with her arms crossed.

I smiled. "Maybe."

"Ew! Gross!"

I pat her on the head and said, "Let's focus on our work."

𓃢

Carlie sighs contently and says, "Isn't he so hot."

Daniel, Jeremy, and Lucas give Carlie a weird look.

She looks at them and says, "What?!"

I smile and shake my head at her.

At least she found someone else to drool over who's not my mate.

Her eyes watch Nathan intently as he runs across the field below us, kicking the soccer ball with his feet.

Daniel, Carlie, Lucas, Jeremy, and I are all seated on the bleachers, watching the practice match.