Chapter 50 - Home

"Wow. I can't believe I've never been in here."

"Well it hasn't been that long since we found out we we're mates. Plus my uncle was here before. I doubt I could've brought you here without you two nearly killing each other."

"That's true," Daniel said, "But it's been a few months since he... you know."

"I know," I took a deep breath and continued, "But I needed some time to come back."

Daniel wrapped his arms around me and gave me a kiss on the forehead. I unconsciously smiled in response.

"That's okay. And if you're still not ready, we don't have to do this now."

Daniel and I stood in the living room to my parents' house. I looked around and could barely recognize this place. My mom always had the house orderly and well-decorated. The house was lively and beautiful under her care with tons of pictures on the walls and furniture. Now, with the house under Rafael's care, it was nothing like it once was. Everything was messy, things were broken, paint was fading, vases were smashed on the floor, picture frames were faced downwards or stashed away in boxes, and furniture was dusty.

I knew I would have to put in a lot of work to restore this place to what it once was. And Daniel would be here with me every step of the way. Even though we wouldn't live here, since he needs to be at the pack to fulfill his duties, we discussed moving back here after he retires from his position. We can also visit the house every now and then to stay for a weekend or get some time to ourselves.

As I looked around the house, I knew I had to bring this place back to life.

I answered Daniel. "No, I'm ready. This place deserves a good renovation. Mom and dad worked hard to make this place their home. I want to return it to how it was before they died."

"Okay, princess. I'll help in any way I can."

I flashed him a smile and gave him a quick peck on the cheek. "Thank you," I said to him.

He smiled boyishly. "Anything for my princess. Now let's get started. Which room are we hitting first?"

"Let's start with my room. I'll pack the things I want to take with me and then we can tidy up the room. That should be enough for today since we have to go to the party later on."

Daniel raised his hand to his forehead and did a soldier salute. "Yes, boss."

I chuckled at his response. Now that the plan was established, I led him up the stairs to my room.

"Wow," he marveled, "So this is your room."

"Yep. Has been since I was a little girl."

I watched as Daniel looked at the dusty pink walls that were now faded after being painted the same color for sixteen years. His eyes travelled to the sticky notes and picture frames on my desk. He took a few steps closer and slightly bent over to look at one of the pictures on my desk.

He picked up the frame before looking at me and raising a brow. "Why was his arm around your waist like that?"

I look at the picture and the image of me, Carlie, and Anthony at their house. I was in the middle with one arm around Carlie's shoulder and the other around Anthony's. Carlie had her hands on her hips and his was around my waist, slightly pulling me closer towards him.

I shrugged. "That was just for the picture. Plus he's like my brother." I moved to my bed and began folding some of the clothes that I had carelessly thrown on top last time I came here.

"A brother doesn't put his arm around his sister like that. Or look at them like they wanna make out with them," he objected.

"Well that's just how we are. Not just with Anthony but also Carlie. Maybe it's because we're not actual siblings so its not awkward."