14. happy birthday

It's June 29th. Three days since 'operation save KJ and Z' happened. This is what they called it, it's hilarious, actually. Turns out everyone, except for me, Jade and Jaydee, knew about it. Z told me him, Kayla and the rest of the boys thought of the whole plan. Then, they told G, Em and Zoe about it and told them to wake me up and get me to go down stairs. I can't believe they all helped Z to prove his innocence to me... I'm so greatful for my friends, I really am.

Jade decided to leave the house. She left that same day, in the middle of the night, after not talking to anyone the entire day, not even to Jaydee. She didn't leave any note or letter, and she also left our groupchat. I know that what she did was horrible but me being the forgiving person I am, I kind of feel bad for her and how the whole thing went down. She probably felt so humiliated.

The past three days basically existed out of me constantly apologizing to Zion for not believing him and being such a bitch. I realized that it was my fault the situation escalated like that. Z and I talked it out and we 'found out', I guess you could say, that I didn't see him push Jade away because I closed my eyes right before he did it. I closed my eyes in order to avoid seeing them kiss and I ran upstairs, meanwhile, they didn't even kiss to begin with. I basically accused him of something he didn't even do based off of something I didn't actually see happening...

It's the 29th... Three days since we came back, stronger than ever, and more importantly, it's Zion's birthday.

...

"Guys, shut up. We'll wake him up like that." I loudly whisper.

It's Friday morning. Not just any regular Friday morning, it's June 29th, Zion's birthday. We've planned this surprise for two days straight. Jaydee and Kayla were in charge of his cake – this includes hiding it from him. Austin, Edwin, Nick and Brandon were in charge of decorating the living room. I was in charge of distracting Zion last night so the boys could start decorating and G, Em and Zoe were in charge of his birthday breakfast.

"Austin, you got his cake? Did you light the candles?" I start, he nods, "Okay, we're going in, in 3, 2, 1..." I whisper before I swing the door open and we all start singing.

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Zion! Happy birthday to you!" We cheerfully sing, abruptly waking him up. The first few seconds were probably really confusing but he quickly grasped onto the situation and his face lit up.

"Thanks, guys! You really didn't have to do this." He says, a huge grin appearing across his face.

"Happy birthday, babe. I love you." I say and I climb onto the bed to give him a hug and plant a quick kiss on his cheek.

"I love you, too."

It had become quite natural for us to say it now. I mean, we have been together for about three months now and I can admit that I really love this boy.

"Here! Make a wish." Austin says as he hands Zion his cake with the two '19' shaped candles in it.

"And? What did you wish for?" He asks as soon as Zion blows out the candles.

"I can't tell. Don't you know that if you reveal your wish, it won't come true?"

"Ah, man. I thought I could fool you." He says and Zion's shrugs.

"Anyways, I think we should leave you guys alone now. We'll just put the cake in the fridge." Emily says. It's almost as if she read my mind.

"Yeah, we'll be down in a few minutes. I still have to take a shower, you know." Zion says.

"Alright, love birds. Have fun!"

"Shut up, Nick." He chuckles and throws one of the pillows.

Once everyone had left the room, I decide to get under the covers with Zion and lay next to him. Zion is big cuddler, and so am I, which is perfect.