JUST YOU, JUST ME

"Niklaus, what are you up to?" Odette asked as she watched him rummage around in antique drawers. The plans he must have had, the plans that Odette didn't understand and didn't wish to understand.

"Something sinister as always, love." Odette rolled her eyes at how casual he was about this, his little sarcastic jabs that didn't add anything to any conversation.

"Can you stop making yourself the bad guy constantly?"

He turned around and grinned sarcastically, Odette stepped back. She wasn't afraid of him, but she knew he needed his space.

"Of course princess Odette, I will be good from now on."

"You know very well that that's not what I meant."

"Isn't it?"

"No."

"Is this us having domestic squabbles? Because I don't think I'm a fan." Odette packed her notebook and charger back into her backpack and zipped the zipper up.

"This has nothing to do with domestic squabbles Nik. This had to do with the fact that your brothers are tied up downstairs and you're probably planning to torture them. I say, don't."

"Well aren't I lucky that I am the one who decides."

"You're not. You decide for you, yes, but not for the entire world."

"Some would have differing opinions."

"I don't."

Behind Odette something came through the window of Klaus's bedroom, something too quick for the human eye to catch. A sound that she had learned to recognize while befriending the Mikaelsons.

"Marcellus." Klaus spoke as the shadow appeared to stop and turned into a familiar face. Odette hadn't seen the man in a while, he used to be the one she played songs too. What a shame.
"Klaus-" he turned towards the girl in the room "-Odette."

"Marcel, hi." Odette looked taken aback at this sudden appearance, Nik wasn't one to ask for help in any situation, especially not from his son/friend/archnemesis. A feeling crossed behind Odette's eyes, something ominous and wrong.

"Oh, I see. So you're not going to torture them, you're just going to make Marcel do it?"

Marcel laughed at her, his pearly whites that she knew hid sharp and imposing fangs. Just behind the pink of his lips, ready to tear into her.

"No worries, Odette, I do it with pleasure."

Pleasure. She didn't know the meaning of the word any longer. Pleasure used to be days sitting in the meadows, cows mooing around her. pleasure was her first day of freedom.

"I don't care about your pleasure. I care about the fact that I think Nik is making a mistake." Klaus wanted to open his mouth and respond wittily, but Odette started to collapse after she finished her sentence. She gasped, so sharp that it cut through his bones. He caught her in time, held her up so she wouldn't fall down any further. She held onto her side with a tight hand, fingers digging deeply into flesh, trying to move the muscle around so it could relax once again.

"What are you doing?" It was an accusation that emerged from Klaus's mouth, and he was most definitely right in accusing her, but he had never done it before and it confused Odette.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Klaus lifted her onto the couch as Marcel watched on from just in front of the window. She breathed through the pain as she sat down, breathing in deeper every time, forcing her muscles to bend to her will.