ONE MORNING IN MAY

"Good evening, Odette."

It was a female voice that woke her. Her back felt painful, it was the cold hard floor she had been laying on. She opened her eyes, carefully letting them get used to the light. It blinded her anyway.

"There you are, finally awake." It was a woman, her skin an olive tan, dark brown eyes and dark brown hair. She looked down at Odette, and it truly felt like she did, too.

"Did you bloody chloroform me?" she wanted to use her hands, but felt soon that they were tied behind her back, something arose inside of her.

"I tied you up too. Do you mind?"

Odette's eyes narrowed, "Chloroform isn't my preferred method of passing out, so yes, I mind."

The woman wore a fitted suit, she looked rich, the pearls around her neck confirmed this for Odette. She thought back to this morning, the noise in Klaus's compound.

"You distracted him." She sat up a bit, straining on the chains around her wrists. There were two men standing behind the woman, both of Asian descent.

"It was a successful distraction, don't you think?"

Odette frowned, "but why?"

"I have some questions to ask you, I can't have Klaus interfering just yet."

"You knew he'd stop you."

She stepped to the side, the sound of her heels clicking filled the room. So did expensive furniture, it seemed strange to have chains mounted to the wall in such a posh place.

"Your name is Odette Cunningham."

She nodded, "Yes, it is."

"Why say your last name is Williamson, then?"

Odette grimaced at this, as she looked straight at the woman in front of her.

"I think you know already, or you wouldn't have kidnapped me and tied up in your living room." She messed with the cuffs, feeling the pressure on her bones.

"There is only one Odette Cunningham, there's hundreds of Odette Williamson's."

"There you are, then."

"You told him you were raised in a cult, but you weren't, were you?" she asked, standing right over Odette. She realized that maybe telling her life story where anyone could hear it hadn't been her smartest move.

"Well, opinions differ on that one. How far away was my coven from being a cult?"

"You were raised with one singular purpose..."

She laughed into the air, her pink lips only parting slightly, she didn't think it was funny. It had been a year since she had even thought of all of these things, of the secrets she had been told. Of the things she knew.

"No, it was my sister who was raised to do it in the first place, I was second in line. She was always meant to kill Niklaus Mikaelson, her assignment only fell on me when she shot her brains out."

"Yet you abandoned it."

"I did. My sister was the first in line for a reason. I see good in people, even Klaus Mikaelson."

The woman chuckled, "I wonder how he will take this betrayal."

Odette smiled back, "I didn't betray him at any point she-wolf." The cuffs fell to the ground, it was the distraction of conversation that allowed Odette to do her spell. The werewolf stepped back.