Rose's Father's Day

A photograph of a laughing man with thinning hair

A photograph of a laughing man with thinning hair. "Peter Alan Tyler my dad. The most wonderful man in the world. Born 15th September 1954." Jackie has got a photograph album open. Little Rose joins her on the bed.

"That's what Mum always says. So I was thinking, could we, could we go and see my dad when he was still alive?" Mia frowned as she watched Rose sit on the Doctors lap showing him the picture of her father. Mia figured that Rose would try something after the last adventure. She had seen Rose's face when she realized that they could go back into the past. "Where's this come from, all of a sudden?" The Doctor asked as he pushed her off his lap, "All right then, if we can't, if it goes against the laws of times or something, then never mind, just leave it."

"No, I can do anything. I'm just more worried about you."

"I want to see him."

"Your wish is my command. But be careful what you wish for."

——

The Doctor and Rose attend her parent's wedding, Mia wasn't there seeming as Rose snapped at her saying that he was her father not Mia's so she didn't need to be there. The Doctor had asked if Mia was coming, but with a glare from Rose she gave a small smile and shook her head as she hugged him goodbye.

Mia had ended up in the library for a little bit, her nose stuck in a book as usual when she heard another crash throughout the library.

She jumped up, wondering if it was the Doctor again; at least the future one that she figured out. Instead, someone else popped out from behind the shelf. This time it was a beautiful women with long brown hair and brown eyes, she laughed with a cheer and pulled Mia into a hug. "Hi! Oh, I wanted him to send me to you. I mean he wanted to come of course but I wanted to try this time. Wow, you look so different. He really wasn't lying about the whole regeneration thing."

Mia stared silently allowed the women to rant and smiled towards her, "Who are you?" She asked gently causing the women to pause before she blushed and looked down at the device on her wrist. "Right, can't tell you. Anyway, I came here to tell you that The Doctor is madly in love with you blah, blah, blah. No but seriously, don't like someone like Rose Tyler take your soulmate away. He was made for you and you were made for him. Be strong." She smiled one last time before disappearing in a blue white light.

Mia stared in slight shock before making her way to the console room. At this point she was used to it, the Doctor and Rose entered just as Mia did.

"November the 7th?"

"1987." The time rotor starts up as the Doctor pulled Mia into his side for comfort while Rose glared harshly.

The Tardis has parked herself between a telephone junction box and a road sign, by park railings. Never Can Say Goodbye is playing somewhere. "It's so weird. The day my father died. I thought it'd be all sort of grim and stormy. It's just an ordinary day." Rose muttered as she looked around upset. "The past is another country. 1987's just the Isle of Wight. Are you sure about this?"