Taken

To say that the Island of Berk was at peace would have been a major understatement. For the first month, everyone was on watch for the outcasts to attack and were rather paranoid. But after the second month had gone by without a trace of them, everyone started to settle down. Searches for the Alpha continued. But no one every saw a trace of him either.

A total of three months had passed since the outcasts had been taken down. You were going to give birth any week now. Hiccup was now officially chief of the village, and was usually busy working and helping the other villagers. He did, however, get a lot of help from Valka, your dad, and Gobber when the old blacksmith wasn't busy.

Sometimes, Hiccup would allow you to come help him do the simple tasks. Like helping out baking and cooking for dinner. Other days, when Hiccup deemed the weather too cold, or the tasks too much, you would stay home and clean up the place a little. There wasn't normally a lot to clean up since Hiccup was usually gone and you didn't make much of a mess.

So there you sat. Watching out the window as a couple of snowflakes drifted quietly onto the ground. Berk had been starting to get warmer and warmer as the weeks rolled by, although it was very hard to tell.  The only real indication was that the snow was beginning not to stick anymore. Which, sadly, meant that brown slushy snow cover the ground. Just a few weeks ago, you slipped on some melting ice and into a puddle of slush. Hiccup had rushed to your side to help you out, but got pulled down into it with you. You both had burst out in laughter before pulling each other out and heading to the house for some warmer clothes before hypothermia set in.

You smiled a little upon remembering that. Strange how falling in an ice cold puddle was such a happy memory. Deciding that you had finally had enough of sitting around doing nothing, you grabbed your coat and headed outside.

Your coat didn't exactly zip up anymore, so you let it stayed unzipped. It wasn't that cold anyway. You were greeted by many of the villagers as you made your way to the forge. That was were Hiccup said he was going to be for most of the day.

There was a loud blast sound somewhere near the forge making you jump slightly. A dragon flew up in the air and away from the place. It looked like a Monstrous Nightmare had possibly had a tooth pulled and didn't like it. You rushed toward the place as fast as you could without losing your breath completely.

Upon arriving, you could see that part of the building was on fire. Everyone nearby was grabbing buckets of water and throwing them onto the fire to put it out before it spread. You grabbed a bucket of your own and filled it to help put out the fire.

Once the small fire was out, the village settled and went back to whatever they were doing before. Gobber stumbled out covered in black soot. "That Nightmare had a little fight in him."

"What happened?" You asked examining the side where the fire had been seconds ago. "Trying to pull a rotten tooth out of a Nightmare and hit a nerve on accident. When up in flames within seconds he did."

"This is why we need those buckets." Hiccup said stepping out from the building, also covered in a bit of ash, his hair blown back. You giggled a little at how he looked. Hiccup's eyes found you when you giggled and he smiled warmly. "Good evening, malady. What brings you here?"

"I got bored. Do you need any help?" Hiccup thought for a moment, then pulled out a list. "Ummm, you can maybe help me with finding a way to stop the dragons from setting the other buildings on fire. But I'm almost done with it." You shrugged, "better than nothing." He nodded and motioned for you to follow him.  

Back in his office where he usually works, there were plans spread out over the table and some bits and pieces of rope and gears everywhere. "I'm basically trying to find where dragons tend to set fire to things and I'm going to put a pulley system to help put the fire out." He explain pointing to a picture he had hanging up. "What do you need me for?" He picked up his plans and handed them to you. "I'm starting one for Gobber. Just need to finished these last few pieces and set it up. Here, hold this." He handed you a metal rod and a hammer. "Can you hammer it so its at like, a 90 degree angle?" You nodded and got started on making it, while Hiccup began to start whatever it was he needed to do.