ii

Taehyung stumbled across a stilly neighborhood. The rain had stopped, and he was finding place to sit by. He saw a convenience store along the sidewalks and decided to stay there for a while.

The door chimed when he swung it open. It was quiet inside, knowing there was no one except him in there. He looked along the aisle for something to eat, but he had no appetite. He walked towards a table and sat down.

He was once again looking outside the window. It was starting to rain again. He watched the empty street as rain hits the ground.

Thoughts raced through his head. He thought of his father, how he missed the old times with him. He thought of memories when he was a kid. His parents loved him dearly and his father was always with him. They were happy until his mother died.

Then his father became alcoholic. He tried to stop him but he couldn't, he was only a little kid then. Time went by and his father started to abuse him and blamed him for the death of his mother.

He sighed. He didn't know how much he longed for those days.

He was in his thoughts when he heard the door open. A boy wearing a grey shirt under a black jacket walked in.

He looked down as he walked. He was walking slowly and somehow carelessly. Taehyung watched as he disappeared along the aisles.

He didn't know what he was thinking. Maybe he was just bored, or that he was sitting for more than half an hour. He stood up to follow him. That's what his instincts told him to do.

What he saw next didn't surprise him for some reason. The boy took a bread biscuit from the snacks aisle then he walked towards the beverages and got a bottle of water. He tucked them inside his jacket.

The boy was still looking down. He walked outside of the convenience store, both arms hugging his jacket closed. The cashier boy didn't even notice him.

Taehyung put 5 dollars on the counter leaving the cashier confused then walked outside the store following the boy.