Hallucinations

I finally found out where Nik was taking Elena. Apparently, he talked to my daughter before he left to take Elena to one of his houses. So here I stand, watching him drag Elena to the basement where I would be watching her. 

                     "Let go of me!" She struggled to get out of his grip.

                      " Certainly." He said before pushing her into the room.

                      " I apologize for the lack of windows. It's to preserve the art. And of course to prevent you from taking off your daylight ring and burning yourself to death in the sun." Nik said with a smirk.

                       "I'm not gonna kill myself, I would never do that." Elena said. I held back a laugh, naive little vampire.

                       " Oh, but you'll want to." He said, " I did. Problem is, I'm immortal." He said, seriously.

                      " You went through this?" Elena asked.

                      " Yes, I did. For 52 years, 4 months, and 9 days. I was tormented, in my dreams, and my every waking moment. An endless never-ending torture. It was the only period in my life that I  actually felt time." He said.

                      " So you knew that this would happen if Conner died. That's why you got involved. Did Stefan know too?" She asked.

                       " All he knew was that the hunter needed to be kept alive. You should've listened to him when he said he had it covered." 

                      " What else does Stefan know?" She asked.

                      " Oh, that's one of life's little mysteries, isn't it." He said before he started to walk to the door.

                      "How did you make it stop?!!" Elena asked, desperately. He stopped right in front of the door.

                    " I didn't. Eventually it just stopped. The hallucinations tend to appear in strange forms." He said with a smile. He knocked on the door and the hybrid opened it. " Don't say I didn't warn you." He said before shutting the door and locking it.

 ################################################################################

                     " Clothes. Toothbrush. Klaus said you'll be here until he finds out where to put you." The hybrid said. Elena covered her face.

                     " Just please go away. " She said. Once he moved away, I saw Conner standing behind him.

                      " Holy shit!!" I yelled, jumping to my feet.

                      " I can't. I'm gonna be with you forever. Constant reminder of what you've become. So tell me, how did it feel to drain the life out of me?" He asked.
                        " Elena. Don't listen to him." I said.

                        " You can see him too?" 

                        " Not by choice." I said.

                        " It was horrible. It was the worst thing I have ever done." She said to him.

                        " You're lying." He said.

                        " No, I'm not." 

                       " Yes, you are. Tell the truth."