33 | too much pda

We swung on the swings for a while longer before we got bored and Mark wanted to go to the lake.

'Why do you like the lake so much?' I asked a see made our way there.

'I don't know, it's just really peaceful I guess and you can just relax. Not to mention it's really beautiful.'

I smiled at him and we continued walking, Haechan's arm around my shoulder, his head leaning on my shoulder.

Haechan had taken off his jumper and had tied it around my shoulders and was now wearing a white shirt with green cacti and what looked like bushes which made his melanin skin really stand out. He looked like he was glowing in the sunlight.

We passed by an ice cream stall and Haechan began whining that he wanted some.

'Mara, please can we get ice cream? It's so warm!' He bounced up and down and tugged on my arm as he did aegyo.

I had to admit it was very warm and he was very cute so I gave in and we walked back.

Haechan picked chocolate chip, I picked honeycomb and Mark picked vanilla.

'Mark you're so boring!' Haechan joked with him.

He stuck out his tongue at him and we laughed.

We reached the lake and I immediately understood why Mark liked it so much. It really was beautiful.

There were cherry blossoms circling the lake and a small bridge over to the right. A few swans swam leisurely across the mostly still water.

I took out my phone to capture the moment when Haechan stopped me, holding my arm as I brought the camera up.

'I'm your lockscreen?' He said like a cute child.

I could feel Mark's eyes rolling in his head behind me.

'Yeah...?' I held the phone close.
'Since when? And what picture? It better be decent or I'll have to get you another one.' He winked.

I heard Mark sigh behind us and walk over to a nearby picnic table.

I felt sorry for him. He probably felt excluded right now. I had to cheer him up.

'Here you go.' I held out my phone for him to see and he took it from me, frowning at the photo.

'This won't do...' he sulked. 'I'll go get you another one, I'll be back soon. I need to get good lighting...' he trailed off and began going in search of "good lighting"

I walked over and sat opposite Mark at the table.

'I see why you like this so much, it's really beautiful.'
'Yeah, I guess.' He scratched at the table, making a small indent in the wood.

'Is everything okay?' I tilted my head and he looked up at me.
'Yeah, I'm okay.' He sounded sad and his tone was flat.

'Mark, I know we're not that close, but I know when someone's sad so please tell me if there's something wrong. I'm getting worried, you haven't been acting yourself.'

He looked up at me with puppy dog eyes.

'I just feel left out. You and Haechan are all loved up and all and I'm just kinda there.' He shrugged. 'It's making me feel bad. And alone.'

I put my hand on his and squeezed it tightly.

'Mark, I'm sorry, I didn't realise you felt like that. We can stop if you want.' He nodded slightly. 'We'll just act like three friends out to have a good time, because that's what we came out for, right?'