22 | hes hurt

a/nokay so before this chapter begins I was thinking of writing an nct short story

a/n
okay so before this chapter begins I was thinking of writing an nct short story.
What do you guys think?

HAPPY READING!

After changing out of my gym clothes I headed to my next class of hell for the day; maths.

I never understood maths. Why did I need it? It's not like I was going to need to use most of it in life.

I'm hardly going to walk into a shop and the person at the till tells me that "in order to buy these items you must solve this equation using the quadratic formula and round to two decimal places. No calculator."

That would be ridiculous. I'd leave the stuff there and walk out instead.

After maths the rest of the day went past rather quickly. All we did was take notes for our upcoming exams at the end of June. I was dreading it.

I hadn't started any revision at all. I told myself that after Christmas I would start then that turned into after midterm then after Easter and now there's two weeks left until they start and I haven't done a thing..

I'm in a love hate relationship with procrastination.

I decided to walk home that evening instead of taking the bus as I knew I would face torture seeing Kori had found friendship in the pricks down the back of the bus and I wasn't prepared for words to be thrown like knives at me.

I passed by where Haechan and his group spent their time and surprisingly they weren't there.
But I soon found out where they were.

They were outside a local shop, near an alley way, lounging against the wall.
Haechan waved over at me and I smiled back.

Jeno was standing beside him and by the looks of it his eye was beginning to blacken. At least he hand Haechan had made up. I hope.

Upon arriving home I found that my parents had come home after their weekend away at a wedding in Daegu

Upon arriving home I found that my parents had come home after their weekend away at a wedding in Daegu. My mums friend had gotten married to a doctor and they were invited to spend the weekend celebrating.

'Amara! How are you sweetie? Did you cope okay? Did you eat enough? I hope you didn't just order a take away the whole weekend!' My mother kissed me as I walked into the kitchen.

My father then came bounding over and gave me a bone crushing hug.
'Hi dad.' I managed to say as my lungs were crushed. 'I ate well yes, I had a friend over and we had ground beef and rice bowls and yesterday-'

'Was this friend Kori?' My mum raised her eyebrow in curiosity.
'No we're not friends anymore..' I bowed my head.
'Why what happened?' My dad asked standing beside my mother, listening closely.
'Turns out she was only friends with me because she felt sorry for me..'

'What a bitch!' My dad said, shocking both me and my mum.
'David!' My mother scolded, hitting his arm.

'What? She is, how could she do that to our daughter. Honey, you don't need toxic people like her in your life you're better off without her!' My dad nodded firmly.

'You're right.' I mumbled. 'But yesterday I went out with Kun and we ate in this nice little restaurant and we went shopping.'
'But who's the friend you had over?'

Oh no..

'Oh I better go, I have tonnes of homework for tomorrow. Call me when dinner's ready!' I made a quick exit from the kitchen to avoid their question.

'Amara!' My parents called after me.
'Gotta go!' I shouted back as I shut my bedroom door and lay down on my bed.

My mother called me for dinner at around 8pm. Later than usual but I got all of my schoolwork done and had time to watch some Netflix for a while.

It was beneficial I was in bad need of catching up on the latest 'BUSTED' episodes.

I entered the kitchen and the smell of my mother's cooking hit me like a wall. It smelt delicious.

'What's there to eat tonight?' I asked, plonking myself down in my seat to the left of my father at the top of the table.

'Kimchi fried rice.' My mother said, dishing out our meal.
'Smells wonderful love!' My father beamed as she placed his plate in front of him.

We all sat down and began eating but then half way through the meal my phone buzzed in my pocket.

I took it out and it was a call from an unknown number. I declined the call and carried on eating.

Not even a minute later the number called again and again I declined.

The third time the number called I asked to be excused.
'May I please be excused?'
'You may.' My mother said, eyeing me suspiciously as I dashed out of the kitchen to a place the call would be private.

Incoming call from UNKNOWN
accept | decline

You
Hell-

UNKNOWN
*rushed* Is this Amara?

You
Yes who's calling?

UNKNOWN
Jeno. Amara look-

You
Jeno if this is about earlier I don't wanna hear it.

UNKNOWN
Amara please listen to me...

You
Jeno I don't wanna hear it!

I went to hang up but I could hear Jeno shouting through the phone at me.

UNKNOWN
MARA LISTEN TO ME PLEASE!
*heavy breathing* *muffled cry of pain the background*

You
*concerned*
What Jeno? Is everything okay?

UNKNOWN
No. It's Hyuck. He's hurt.