11 | i want to talk to you mara

Before I knew it he had cupped my face in his hands and his lips were pressed on mine.

I became tense all of a sudden but within a few seconds I relaxed into him.

He pulled away and drew a breath and with his hands still cupping my face he tilted my head so that our gaze met.

'I really like you, okay... bye...'
'Bye...?'

And then he just left.
Yeah. He just ran away. Just like that. He looked back just as he turned the corner and that was it.

Jesus he's weird. But still...

**

After recovering from what had just happened I carried on walking home, but not paying attention to what was happening around me as my mind was focused on that kiss.

I was shook from my thoughts when a cars horn rudely beeped at me but it was my fault; I'd walked out in front of it.

The driver threw their hands up at me and gave me an extremely disapproving look.

I waved back in apology and mouthed the word 'sorry'.

Walking home passed like a dream after that. It felt like I was just being dragged along by a hand or it just felt like that because I'd walked that way everyday and it now seemed like it was programmed into me.

I reached home and completed my routine; snack, usually I would talk about my day but thankfully my parents were away at a wedding this weekend, and then go do my homework.

My routine was drab and lacked any fun or excitement.

Everyday was the same and nothing else. Routine. Routine. Routine.

I was becoming sick of it.

But at the same time I wouldn't rebel against it as I think it would be weird.

Living out the same thing everyday and getting so used to it and wishing for change and excitement yet when there is a change I don't know how to cope.

Whether we cannot handle change very well or we just simply enjoy routine was something I thought about while doing said routine.

**

Later on that night, while browsing through Instagram I received a notification from an unknown number.

I clicked it and what text came up caught me by surprise.

Unknown; Where are your parents?

You; Who is this?

Unknown; How come you're home alone? It's dangerous for pretty girls like you to be alone at night.

You; Who is this you creep?!

Unknown; Your knight in shining armour here to save you from the terrors of the night!

I now had a fair idea of who this was; only one person made shitty jokes like that.

You; Haechan go home

Unknown; But I walked all this way just for you!! :(

You; I don't care go home

Unknown; Awww! :( 5 minutes? It's cold and rainy out here!

I looked out the window. An action I immediately regretted. He was standing on the sidewalk opposite my house, his face illuminated by the screen.

It wasn't raining at all.

You; Haechan go home, please.

Unknown; I want to talk to you Mara! :(

I didn't know whether I would regret or enjoy what I texted next.