Tease [Alex x Criminal!reader]

Alex grunted as he reached the 'Scarlet Stop' convenient store. It had been closed for a few hours, but a woman was leaned up against the closed doors with a bag at her side and a few coins jingling in her hands as she fiddled.

The woman laughed. "Did you run all the way here?"

"I... finally... got your note..."

The note he was talking about, had been left at the scene of a robbery (a robbery of the fashionable bag she carried, among other things). With a sticky note stuck to a now empty display table.

The note read:

TWVldCBtZSBhdCBTY2FybGV0IFN0b3AgDQoNCjE6MzAgDQo=

;>

It'd taken him too long to realize the numbers and letters weren't random, but encoded. Now it was precisely 1:42 in the morning, and he was out of breath.

"Took you that long, huh?" He couldn't see very well in the dark, but he guessed she was smirking by her tone.

He huffed, straightening and attempting to regain his composure.

"Yeah, well not a lot of thieves leave base64 coded notes behind. That's a new one."

She giggled.

"Well, I bet you can guess that I've already taken what I wanted from this place."

"Right. You're under arrest."

She laughed. "Really? At least buy me dinner first! Names (Y/N) by the way." She winked.

"...Detective Alex Esposito." Alex was, admittedly, amused. He'd never seen someone so loose and charming in a time like this.

"Lovely to meet you detective, and may I say, you look excellent in this lighting." She winked again, taking a step closer for effect.

He stumbled in his wording, hoping against hope that she couldn't see his flustered face.

"Flattery won't get you out of this, I'm afraid." He said, coughing.

She raised an eyebrow, as if asking if that were a challenge.

"Oh really? And, what are you gonna do to stop me if I run for it?"

"I'll have to give chase." He said, reaching for her arm (he'd already run a very long way and honestly, didn't feel like running anymore).

She jumped back just in time, a playful smirk playing at her lips.

"Silly detective, I know you're tired, but some girls like to be chased~" She stuck her tongue out at him.

"But, since I like you, I am going to give you a three second head start."

His eyes widened as he leaped forward, taking his chance. She leaped back (this was apparently not the first time she'd done this) with a devious smirk.

"One."

He quickly moved to correct his mistake, reaching out for her arm again, only for her to unexpectedly change directions at the last second.

"Two-"

He tripped, having not at all expected this random woman to be so skilled in her craft. Taking her chance, she slipped behind him and held him up just as he fell.

"Three." She whispered, pecking his cheek before letting him fall and laughing as she bolted in the other direction.

Alex got up, red faced and a little angry.

"Alex? You need back up?"

He jumped as his walkie talkie spoke up. He looked at (Y/N)'s disappearing figure, flustered, before responding.

"No, I think I got her." He said, before bolting off after her.