Chapter 29

The next morning the three friends decided to head to the mall and hang out since it was a Saturday and that meant no school.

Everyone could feel the jitters of excitement since the start of summer was only two weeks away and that meant that The Homecoming dance was soon approaching them.

Everyone in the town of Eastwood seemed happy except for one. The conflicted Brymie Hale.

"I'm going to go get us smoothies, " Jade said as they entered Joey's burger palace. The joint was well known for their amazing burgers and fries. Not forgetting their chocolate fudge smoothie.

Jeanne and Brymie found an empty booth and occupied it since the place was almost full.

"So. Are you going to tell me what's going on between you and Jake? " Her question caught Brymie off guard. She had not expected someone to ask her that.

Oh God, if Jeanne knew that meant that Jade also knew and a scolding was the last thing she needed from her best friends.

"Relax. Jade doesn't know, " Jeanne reassured her.

Brymie heaved a sigh of relief.

"What do you mean Jeanne? He's just a friend, "she fidget with her fingers in an attempt to calm her nerves.

"Cut the crap honey. I know you and I know something happened. Now spill, "Jeanne smiled. A sly smile to be precise.

"Nothing. Honestly. He was at my house last night and we sort of had a moment but nothing happened, " Bry said in a low tone. 

"Really? " Jeanne squealed with excitement, drawing glares from the other occupants dining at the burger joint.

"Its no big deal Jeanne. He is not my type, " Bry said.

"You like him, don't you? He makes you feel things. I bet right now if he asked you to kiss him you would definitely do it without any hesitation, "

"Do what? " Jade interrupted them as he took a seat next to Jeanne.

Brymie exchanged worried looks with Jeanne, hoping that the latter would come up with some sort of lame excuse.

"Spencer. We were discussing the possibility of her going to the dance with him since, you know, she dumped her date, " Jeanne lied.

A foolish lie but atleast it saved her the effort of explaining herself to Jade. Its not like she was thrilled with the idea of lying to Jade but her friend was very judgmental on certain matters.

"You want to go with Spencer? "

"Hell no. Im not going to attend the dance, "

Jeanne almost chocked on her chocolate fudge smoothie after hearing Brymie's statement.

"Are you insane? I'm hosting and you won't be there? "

"I don't have a date. Have you already forgotten that I broke up with my boyfriend not too long ago? " she sipped her drink.

"We will ditch our dates then. We can be each others date. Its going to be fun. Right Jade? "

In response, jade just glared at her.

"No way. Leo asked me to the dance and I am not going to stand him up, " Jade said. Brymie and Jade laughed at their friend's reaction.

"Plus, who are you planning on ditching when you don't have a date yourself dummy, " Jade teased Jeanne.

"Jerry asked me to be his date, "

"Jerry? My brother Jerry? " Bry was confused. When did that happen? Her bestie getting back together with her big brother?

"The Douche Jerry Martinez?

"Hey, that's my brother, "

"Sorry Bry. But this girl has me confused. When did he ask you to be his date? " Jade asked.

"A few days ago. Its not a big deal. We're just going as friends, "

"Its a big deal when your heart is on the line, " Jade said, holding her hand.

"Jade is right. We all know that you can't be friends with the man who owns your heart" Brymie held her other hand. They could see the tears in their friend's eyes. She was still desperately in love with Jerry.

**************

Brymie watched as her mother prepared their dinner. She looked so happy. Brymie could  not remember the last time she saw her mother's face light up when she received a phone call. It was probably all Edward's doing.

"You seem happy, " she leaned her back on the kitchen counter as Barbara chopped the onions. Brymie was glad that her mom had volunteered to do all the preparing and cooking because she absolutely hated dealing with onions.

"I do? O don't know honey, I feel normal, " she winked at her.

"Don't do that. Is this because you have a new boyfriend mommy? Brymie teased.

"I have no idea what you are talking about. Pass me the soy sauce please, "

Brymie smiled at her mother's attempt to change the topic. Just then they heard a knock on the door.

"Expecting someone? "

"No. Maybe Jerry changed his mind about sleeping over at dad's house, " Brymie said.

Her father had decided to move back to Eastwood to be closer to his children. Jerry had agreed to give him a second chance to prove himself but Brymie wanted nothing to do with the first man in her life to ever abandon her.
She wanted to make him understand the gravity of his mistakes.

"I'll get it mom, "Brymie walked to the door and she froze when she saw who it was. His blue eyes staring into hers.

"Hey beautiful, "

"Stefan? What are you doing here? "

***********
Hey guys,, 

Kindly make me the happiest girl in the world by clicking the star on your left please.....

Check out my new book...
Twin Creek!!!!