Chapter 19

A week had passed since Bry and Jake had agreed to be friends and in a way, she was glad that she got a chance to spend some time with him. They weren't best of friends but at least she saw that he was trying to be a good friend. She felt comfortable with him.

Behind his built up walls, she saw that he was a good guy with a big heart. Though a jerk at times. He was just often misunderstood.

As she entered the school halls, she heard principal McCoy's voice announcing the homecoming dance, for the third time that week. She fwlt giddy inside knowing that stefan would be the one taking her. She couldn't wait to see him after school.

His stay in San Francisco took a whole week and a half and she really missed her guy.

"Bry, can I talk to you?" Her thoughts came to an abrupt halt when she hears whose voice it was. Reece.

"I have nothing to say to you," she said harshly.

"Please Brymie. How many times am I going to say I'm sorry?" His voice was hoarse and he looked pale. His eyes were red and swollen and his hair dull. That was odd, Reece adored his hair more than anything.

"Not enough times. I have to go to class," she started to walk but he pulled her back. His grip tight on her arm.

"Let go Reece, your hurting me," her eyes searched his. Something was wrong with him and she could feel it. But he wasn't her problem anymore.

"Brymie, i need help. Something's going on and I want to tell you. Please don't shut me out," he pleaded

"We are not friends anymore. Why don't you share it with a certain blue eyed blond?" She snapped.

"You don't understand Brymie, I need you. I love you. Always have and always will,"

Bry couldn't believe him. The same guy that cheated on her was the one telling her that he loved her. A few months ago it would have meant something to her because she loved him too.

"That's a lot of bull. Just let me go, alright? And stop calling me. I want nothing to do with you,"

"Is it because of Stefan? You think he loves you?"his voice took a drastic change from pleading to being harsh.

"Yes. And I know he loves me and I love him too. Stop being such a sore loser,"

His grip on her hand tightened and Bry gave a shrill cry.

"Here's the thing. You belong to me. Sooner or later you'll see. You will come back to me when he dumps your ass for another girl. Don't think you are that special," his eyes burned with anger.

"Why don't you pick on someone your own size?" Stefan's voice came from behind Bry.
A wave of relief filled her. He was back.

"Stay out of this Coleman!" Reece yanked her towards him. His grip still tight on her. She smiled when she saw stefan standing a few feel from them.

"Hey babe. Missed you," he smiled.

"Missed you too. Care to help?" She smiled despite the pain on her arm. A crowd had gathered around them. Watching and anticipating for a fight.

"Take your hands off my girl Reece," Stefan's voice was calm.

"Or what? I'm not scared of you Coleman," he brought Brymie closer to him roughly. He was causing a big scene and soon there would be trouble for the three of them.

"Please Reece, just let me go. You're causing a scene," her words brought him back to reality. He was so blind with rage, making him oblivious of the fact that almost the whole school was watching.
He groaned in frustration and let her go, sending stefan a death stare.

"This isn't over," he whispered in her ears and walked away.

********************

Bry sat at the lunch table with her friends but he mind wandered off to Reece. Even though he caused her a lot of pain, she still worried about him.

"Hey, you ok?" Jade asked.

" Something's wrong with Reece," she said.

"Yeah, it's called karma. After everything that he did to you it was bound to drive him crazy," Jeanne said, biting at her cheese burger.

"Despite all of that he was our friend, we used to hang out together since elementary school,"

"We know Brymie, but what he did to you was wrong, none of us knew who he was creeping with Chloe," Jeanne sneered as she mentioned chloe's name.

Jade was quiet throughout the whole command Bry wondered what was wrong with her.

"You ok?" Bry asked. Jade's eyes avoided hers.

"Bry...I have something to tell you..,"her face portrayed guilt, "I knew about Reece's affair with Chloe. I'm sorry I didn't tell you, I didn't want to hurt you," Jade reached for bry's hand but she pulled it away. She couldn't believe what Jade was saying.

She lied to her!