Chapter 16

Jake felt the hunger in his veins. Could fell it in his throat as he watched the red head closing up the store, her back turned on him. His heart beat wildly in his chest. It was long since he had sated his lust. Blood lust. He lurked in the shadows, waiting for the perfect opportunity to pounce on his prey.

He watched her as she walked over to her black Jeep. It was time.
He moved in the speed of lightning and stopped right behind her. She must have sensed his presence because she turned her body to look at him. With horror in her green eyes, as she saw his monstrous face smirking.

His eyes had turned bloodshot red and his  fangs emerged from his gums.

The girl was dumbfounded, glued to the ground between Jake and her car.

"P..lease..don't kill me," her voice strained as she spoke. Jake smiled. He loved it when they begged for their lives.

"I won't love, just relax," his eyes landed on the artery pumping blood below her pale skin. It hypnotized him, knocked him out of his senses.

"Please," the girl sobbed but her pleas fell on deaf ears, all rational thoughts went down the drain as he tilted the girl's face to the side, allowing him a clear access to what he craved most.

He couldn't hold back anymore, his fangs sank in the tender flesh and he did what he knew best. What made him who he was.

******************

He pulled over infront of the mansion and walked hurriedly inside. He needed to show, wash of the smell of human blood on him. Even though his lust was sated, he had an odd feeling in his chest.

Regret? Guilt?

No. That wasn't him. He didn't do regrets or guilt. He lived a life of no regrets and it had proven to be fun for him.

And he adored his fun life.

"You smell different, new cologne?" Chloe's voice said. He turned to see her seated on one of the arm chairs. A smug smile on her face.

"I don't remember it being any of your business,"he snapped. He didn't want anyone knowing what he had done. Alk he needed was to be in the confines of his room. Alone.

"Weren't you supposed to keep an eye out for little miss goody-two-shoes?" Chloe watched him keenly.

"I am not her babysitter,"he said through gritted teeth. Eversince his brother left town a day ago he hadn't seen her. His brother signed him up for what he couldn't do. Not when he felt things, strange things for her. So he chose to stay away.

"Whatever. I don't really care what happens to her, not with psychotic supernaturals draining people of their blood. You wouldn't happen to know anything about that, would you?" She asked knowingly. He knew better than to underestimate her.

She got up from the seat, walked towards him with her signature smile and lifted her hand to her face, wiping off the corner of his mouth.

"You had a little red spot over there," she threw him a knowing look and walked past him.

He cussed under his breath, running his hand through his hair. She knew and it was only a matter of time till stefan found out.

He would get the blame for the deaths.

God,he hated his blood lust.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

   Sorry for the short chapter.

Vote and comment so I'd get to know what you think about the story.

Love yous!!!!😍😍