Chapter 36

A few days passed since Brymie had spoken to Jake even though they bumped each other at the school hallways everyday.  Whenever he saw her approaching his, Chloe's and Stefan's lunch table, he would make up a lame excuse and walk away.

As much as it hurt Brymie whenever she saw him disappear through the halls, she had to focus on her life and her studied.

At that particular day at lunch, she was seated next to Stefan as they ate their lunch. Stefan had insisted she join him at his lunch table since she wasn't in talking terms with her two best friends.

They decided that if Brymie was not going to be completely honest with them about what happened at her mom's house then they were not going to continue their friendship.

Loosing the two most important friends in her life took a toll on Brymie but she convinced herself that putting them in the dark was what was best. Until she found out who was behind the attack on Jade's life anyway.

She watched her former friends laugh at a joke that Spencer Howard made. The twins had decided to join Jade and Jeanne at their lunch table since their first day of school.  She was always observing them and by the look of things, Jade and leo, Spencer's brother, had a thing going on.

"Hey, you ok?" Stefan snapped her out of her deep thoughts and she turned her attention to him. They were the only ones at the table since Chloe decided to skip school and Jake snuck out of school to get lunch.

"Honestly, no. Your brother and Chloe hate that I'm eating lunch at their table. The last thing I want is to make anyone feel uncomfortable to the point of sneaking off school to go eat somewhere else," she pushed the tray of fries and cheese burger away from her.

"Hey. I love having you here with me every single day," Stefan angled her face so that she was looking at him. He kissed her softly on the lips then brought her closer to him.

"I want you here with me and both Jake and Chloe can go screw themselves ok?"

She gave him a genuine smile and hugged him tighter. Stefan sure knew how to lift her spirits.

"Have you spoken to your mom?" He asked .

Brymie shook her head no. Honestly, Barbara had been trying to reach out to her but she was not ready to talk to her just yet. Her mom even swallowed her pride and allowed herself to knock on Peter's house just to see her but Brymie refused to see her.

"I just need a little more time ,you know. My mom is hiding secrets from me and until she learns to trust me then I am not going to talk to her,"she sure was stubborn. A trait she acquired from her mom .

Stefan took hold of her hands and kissed her on her knuckles. "Look, I'm not trying to tell you what to do but I just think that you should cut your mom some slack. I'm sure for the same reasons you don't want to tell Jade and Jeanne about what I am is the same as your mother's reason for being secretive with you,"

Bry hated to admit it but the guy was right. Maybe all Barbara wanted to do was protect her. The truth was sometimes hard to handle and she wasn't ready to risk her friends lives.

" She just wants to protect you. Beautiful, just go and talk to her. Sort out your issues and trust that whatever she's hiding is for your own good.ok?"he squeezed her hands genly.

Bry smiled at him. She was so lucky to ahve a beautiful specimen of a man love her.

But her happiness was short lived when she caught sight of Jake walking into the cafeteria with a big smile plastered on his face. And the worst part was that he was not alone.

Beside him was the same curly blonde haired hussie that she once saw talking to him at the school parking lot. Bry felt the bile rise in her throat.