That's when I noticed we had stopped. "Now, Miss Kelly, I'm leaving this whole place in your hands."

My eyes widened. "I've got the job?" I asked in surprise.

Mr Black only gave a curt nod in return. "I trust you won't be throwing any parties of any kind. I don't like strangers on my property."

"Of course, I mean, no. I mean I won't be. I don't have a social life so no parties." I realised by the end of that sentence, Mr Black had lost interest in what I was saying. He pointed to a small cabinet above the dryer.

"This is to be locked at all times." He stated as he unlocked it and pulled out a set of keys. I saw the whole section was covered in keys. "This is your set. Do not lose them. Each key will cost between $500 to $4000 to replace."

I nodded eagerly as I accepted the keys. Mr Black then walked out the door and I followed as we went down a couple stairs to the back yard. It wasn't much but it was still nice.

I noticed the footpath we were walking on that led us to a gate. Mr Black opened it and allowed me through. We walked up another couple stairs and on to a small verandah.

I noticed he wanted the keys back and I gave them to him. He went through each one and found the key he was after.

He held it up to me. "This key is for this unit. This is where you will be residing."

Residing? Wait, I'll be living here? I wanted to scream and jump in joy, but I told myself to keep my cool. Mr Black handed the keys back to me.

"The whole area is on surveillance, I will be able to see it wherever I am, and the feed also goes through to security at the front gate."

I nodded. I was eager to open the door and see my unit. I don't know if it was furnished or not, I didn't care. It was better than sleeping in my dead car.

" I don't care how you do your job, as long as it's done. Now follow me and we'll sort out the fine print in the contract."

"Yes sir." I was slightly disappointed that I wasn't able to see my unit, but it would have to wait.

I followed Mr Black back to the study and sat back down where I was originally sitting.

"Monday to Friday. 9am to 5pm on the days I'm not in. When I am in, you will start at 6am and finish at 7pm, having a two hour break from 1pm to 3pm, you will also provide breakfast, lunch and dinner unless I say so."

I agreed instantly. No big deal.

"Your wages will be the recommended amount for a live in housekeeper between those days assigned. There is an electronic system that will clock you in and out every morning and night. This card will hold my email address and mobile number plus the security code for the place. Under no circumstances are you to ring this number unless there is an emergency." I saw Mr Blacks face darken.

"Absolutely."

"When I am in, you will have to work Saturday's as well." Mr Black ran his hand down his face as he thought before looking at his computer. "7am till 12pm then 3pm till 8pm."

Once again I nodded. I didn't know what to say besides 'yes sir'.

"Now for every event here, get the companies to invoice me on this email address. You will also receive an extra bonus for each event and your hours will vary. You will be in charge of all that."

Mr Black started clicking away at his computer and then I heard a printer buzz to life.

"This is the contract, I need you to sign each page." He stated as he stapled them together. I signed two copies and kept one. Then he printed out several other pages. "These are the floor plans for the place and this is a list of everything you need to do."

I accepted the papers from him.

My eyes quickly flicked to the extra papers then back to him. Now he was going through his desk drawer. He looked highly unorganized.

"Now this is my spare credit card."

Immediately I shrunk, but he must not have noticed it.

"Only for grocery shopping for when I'm in unless I state otherwise."

I took the card shyly. Okay. I can do this.

"I'll be leaving in two hours. There is security at the front gate. Their number is on that card or extension 8 on the house phone. The intercom system states as front gate."

I nodded as I stood up. Mr Black did too and we shook hands. I left the study and still tried not to marvel at the mansion.

I had to find a way to get my bags out off my car and sell or dump the piece of crap.

So what do we think of the characters Miss Kelly and Mr Black?

I'll be publishing three chapters a week. Follow me for notifications!

Don't forget to vote and comment please.

Thank you.