Chapter Forty

2x20

I walk into Pop's seeing Jughead talking to his dad. I notice FP tense frame before he slams his hand down on the counter. "Wow, who pissed in your Cheerios, Jones?" I question taking a seat.

They both look down toward me and I notice Jughead jaw sets. Oh boy, what now. I look to FP with a quirked eyebrow. He should tell me the truth. I'm hoping. He motions me over and Jughead protest quietly. I smiled sitting down beside Jughead turning toward FP. "It's Fangs." He tells me.

"What's wrong with Fangs?" I ask looking him over.

Is he hurt?

"Jughead has footage of Fangs and Midge together. The new Sheriff has it now and wants to look at it frame from frame. Midge was dating Fangs." FP informs me.

I look at him before looking to Jughead. "You gave that to Minetta?"

"No, I lent it to Sheriff Keller before he left. I didn't think anything of it. Why am I telling you when you're going to go back and tell your father about this?"

"You'd be surprised what my father doesn't know about me," I state flicking my eyes to his father.

FP narrows his eyes in a silent warning.

Hey, not my fault.

"Look we have a bigger issue than your vendetta against each other. Fangs can't run or he looks guilty. He can't tell the truth or he looks like the killer."

I tap my fingers against my forearm trying to come up with a solution. There is none unless I can get Minetta to drop this case. But he won't and he would tell my father about it causing me to lose whatever trust I gained from him. I press my lips together hearing Jughead talk about the endorsement my parents gave to the new Sheriff. Hey, they did bring him from Centerville to be here. I hardly know the man but that's not what matters now. Fangs is what matters and he can't talk if he gets arrested. My sweet little Fangs. I know he must feel so scared right now.

"What can I get you?"

I look up from staring at a package of napkins that were in front of me. "Just a shake," I tell FP.

I notice Jughead get up and walk off toward the bathroom. "What should we do?"

"I don't know."

"Can't you call this off?"

I look up to him as if he was dumb. "I would if I could. I can't risk touching Serpent business and I shouldn't be talking to you or your son." I tell him.

"Fangs is your friend. He'll go to jail for this or worst your father's prison."

"FP, I can't get involved in this. I wish I could. All he can do now is to stay with his head down and not draw attention to himself. Hope this doesn't turn bad." I tell him.

"It's bad already."

{-}

"Attention students, this is principal Weatherbee. I need Fangs Fogarty to come to my office immediately."

My heart drops as I scan the room. He's not here. I stand grabbing my bag before rushing out of the basically empty classroom. I run down the stairs seeing Fangs run into Jughead with Toni behind him. I run up to them taking Fangs bicep. "You need to leave," I tell him pulling him with me when the Bulldogs are running down the stairs.