Chapter Seventeen

I put my hands on the car roof looking inside. I knew where everyone was positioned right now. Heaven and Luna on the rooftop. My dad on the street two blocks over and Daniel is dropping me off. He looks to me seeming nervous.

"Promise me you'll be safe. What's the word."

"D come on I'll be good."

"What's the word, Kate?" He pushes.

I smile at my boyfriend loving his protective side. "Romeo.... The words Romeo."

"You guys couldn't pick a smaller word?" Luna asks in our headsets.

"Fuck off Lun. You be safe in there." Daniel tells me before bringing me into a kiss.

I smile against his lips and at everyone disgusted tone. I pull away opening the back car door and grabbing the briefcase. I shake my coat off and toss it in before patting my guns. "You trust me, D?"

"I trust you, K."

"Then go. I'll see you soon." I shut his car door walking away.

The building we're all focused on is one of Lucky allies. I was here to send a message. A very detailed one to him. To fall back in line. Hell New York was the Crowns state. It's always has been since the 80s. My great-grandfather built our empire here. We always ruled wherever we went. If it wasn't us physical there it's the Falzons. My great grandmother married into it and in '84 started the Queens. The part of the crew I'm over. I don't plan on letting them or New York go anytime soon.

We're like the modern day mafia. Cosa Nostra. We live and breathe the typical laws. However, we always have a different law for the leaders. If we ever want out of the business... we kill everyone we put in. Just like if you snitch or are greedy we kill you and cut your hands off. It's a respect and loyalty thing. Something Lucky seems rocky on right now.

"Miss. Queen. Right, this way."

I nod following them into the back of the building. Luna and Heaven seem confused having lost visual on me. The glass windows only let you see so far. I knew this one coming in. My dad, Daniel, and I all agreed not to inform them on this part until I was in this building. My dad explains it to them as I try ignoring them. I hum my directions to Daniel knowing we both practiced this before. We know each other well enough to hear out the directions.

"We're here." The men say knocking on the door.

"Thank you. Is that a local painter?"

"Yes ma'am it is." One of the guards say.

The door opens and Usher smiles to me. "Miss. Kate! I'm so glad to finally meet you."

"I'm sorry Usher I don't do hugs."

"My forgiveness. Please come in."

I nod walking past him into the room. I look around me noticing all the drug piles. One being what we call ash. It makes your lungs shit for a couple hours. But it makes you high as a kit. I've seen people die from that toxic shit. That's why we stopped trafficking it in our areas. I watch his fat ass sit down. He motions me to sit so I do. I cross my legs holding onto the briefcase.

"I'm assuming this visit is about Lucky?"

"It is. You're one of his closet in the field. I just want to know why is he dealing such heavy drugs."

"Baby, you may be young but I didn't assume you were stupid. He doesn't care if they heavy or not. Hell, I don't give a shit. I just what the money. I give them a little something and they pay me big. Surely you got to know this."