Chapter 19

Taylor's POV

This was odd, I'd never seen Louis this serious.

"I- what?"

Louis ignored me and sat on his bed.

"Lou," I said. "What was that?"

Louis shook his head slowly.

"It wasn't anything. Forget it."

"What?"

"Just forget it."

Niall and I stood dumbfounded. What had I just seen? I turned around and ran out the door, while the figure in black ran down the hall. I caught up to them and pulled off their hat.

It was a man with brown hair, slicked back with hair gel.

"Who are you?" I demanded.

"That's none of your business."

The man proceeded out the door with me confused and filled with questions. I ran back to the door and pushed it open.

"Louis."

"Hm?"

"Who was that?"

"No one."

"Louis, don't lie to me. I know he's a man, just not who he is."

"Okay, look. I called up our lawyer and filed a restraining order on Abigail."

"What?"

"I knew how much trouble she was causing and I was just looking out for you."

I giggled slightly and then said,

"Then why couldn't you tell me?"

"I just didn't want to tell you. You're going to drag this on forever."

"Hm."

I didn't quite believe him. If it was just that simple, why was the man dressed in black and all secretive? This made no sense to me.

However, I now needed to stress about the tour. I can't have any distractions. I cannot mess up on stage in front of thousands of people or I will die.

I sat down on my bed and picked up my iPod. Sure, I had all their songs and knew all the lyrics, but it wouldn't hurt to practice. Maybe I should go for a jog and practice, that should clear my head of this scene that had just unfolded. I picked up a tank and shorts then changed in the bathroom.

I put the earbuds in and shoved my iPod in my pocket.

"I'm going out for a jog!" I yelled to anyone that was listening.

I pushed open the door from the hotel. It was warm, but not hot. The sun was starting to go down and everything got slightly darker. I loved this time of day, it was my favorite to go jogging in. It's not too hot or chilly, but it's perfect.

As I sang along to each song, I believe my playlist had gone about 100 times. It was almost pitch black, if it weren't for the pole lights I would be absorbed in complete darkness.

I jogged about a half an hour more until something grabbed my attention. Underneath the faint glow of a pole light was a dark figure, and a head of red curls was in front of it. I tried to get as close as I could, I dove for a bush. Not making too much noise, I turned off my music and held my breath. I could make out what they were saying.

"You don't have to do this," a distinctly familiar voice spoke.

"That's not what my boss said," a masculine voice said.

Was this what I thought it was? The man that Louis was with? But why is he with Abigail?

"Please! Please! I'll do anything." I'd never heard Abigail this afraid.

"This was boss's orders."

'Boss'? Did he mean Louis?

"Please! I'll give you my lives savings-"

"Enough!" the man shouted.

Abigail started weeping.

"J-just make it quick. Please."

"Anything you would like to say?"

"T-Taylor, I'm sorry."

The man had a gun pointed and was about to shoot. I jumped out of the bush.

"Wait!" I yelled. "Stop!"

The man turned around to me, Abigail's neck in one hand and his gun in the other.

"What do you want? Going to be the hero today?"

"Shut up!" I yelled. "Just stop this."

"There's nothing in the world that would stop me. My boss is the one who made the order, I'm keeping my promise."

"Who's your boss, eh? Louis?"

"Why would you like to know?"

"Because, Louis would never do this!"

"Oh, but would he?" The man turned to Abigail, who had tears running down her cheeks. About to shoot, I didn't know what to do. I shifted in my place on the sidewalk.

Right before he pulled the trigger, a speeding car came and ran over the both of them. It happened so quickly, I didn't know what to do. I paced back and forth, then looked in the road and shrieked. Tears started flowing down my cheeks at the sight in front of me. I bent down and sobbed.

"Somebody, anyone! Please h-help!" I shouted. No one came. I sat and cried until I pulled myself together and found a pay phone. I shoved a quarter in and called 911.