27 : Closer

Hinami's POV

"Aren't you bored?" I asked the girl.

"Hmm?" She replied with a slightly annoyed voice.

"I mean, you're just sitting here looking at this vast empty field with no one to talk to. Don't you feel bored?"

She glanced at me and shook her head. I froze momentarily when I was reminded that she looks familiar.

"It's not empty. There's plants, the wind and the nice scenery. I love this scene. It peaceful," she argued. "Don't you like it too?"

I blinked at her and stared at the horizon. Though, it was boring with just grass and plants, away from the busy city and technology, I would be lying if I said that I dislike being here.

For odd reasons, this serene space calms me down.

"Again," I thought to myself with a sigh. "This weird feeling of nostalgia..."

"Hey, where are we?" I asked again.

She quirked her eyebrow. "You're still not giving up on that question? Why do you want to know?"

She shook her head and laid down, closing her eyes. I sighed and followed her since I am starting to feel sleepy.

"Because this place felt... nostalgic..." I answered tiredly and yawned. "Like... I had been... here before." Sleepiness started kicking in and I felt heavy.

Just before I entered the dreamland, she whispered something that sounded like...

"We had..."

**********

Ryohei's POV

Those monsters gradually backed away as I was fighting against one of those six-legged creatures.

I gave one finally punch to the creature's abdomen and sent it flying to the other corner of the room. It then got up and scampered away.

I wiped of my sweat from my forehead and exhaled loudly.

"Guys, are you okay?" I called to the extreme.

"Yes," Tsuna replied while putting on a fresh pair of shirt and pants.

"What about you?" Yamamoto asked.

"I'm extremely fine!" I smiled

"Ah, Gokudera-kun!" Tsuna suddenly gasped. We turned to look at Gokudera and saw Reborn standing near him.

"He's alright," he checked.

"Aww, man," a voice spoke from the corridor we came from. "I thought he'll be dead."

"Who are you?!" I shouted, getting into position.

"Don't worry, Ryohei," Reborn assured us. "It's an ally."

"How can you be sure?" I asked, quirking an eyebrow.

As if to answer my question, a figure emerged from the corridor. A man with shoulder length, messy hair and a doctor's coat. "How's my anti-bed bug mosquitoes?"

"Dr. Shamal?!" Tsuna gasped.

"Yo, Vongola," he greeted Tsuna.

"What are you doing here?"

"I'm wondering about that myself," he scratched his chin. "Maybe it's because I wanted to see if my idiot apprentice is already dead?"

"Hah?" Tsuna's jaw dropped.

"Anyway, how's he?" Shamal went over to Gokudera and Reborn's side and lay down his suitcase. We joined him after he did.

"He's weak," Reborn replied grimly. "We managed to stop most of the bleeding but he lost quite an amount of blood."

"C-can you help him?" Tsuna asked.

"Well, I don't have enough and the right equipments to properly fix him," Shamal replied. "But I can do something else."

He opened his suitcase, selected and released one of his mosquitoes which flew to Gokudera and landed on his neck. He did this for a second time.

"What're those for, Shamal?" Reborn asked.

"To help increase and speed up his blood production and cell regeneration. He's really in a bad state now. This is the best I could do for the limited things I have."

"Can he continue?" I asked.

"Sadly, no. I may need to bring him back too..."

Suddenly, a groan escaped from Gokudera.

"Gokudera-kun!?"

"What.. happened? T-tenth?" He asked, squinting open his eyes.

"Don't move too muc-"

"Ouch!" Gokudera gasped in pain as he tried to move his badly injured arm.

"Told ya," sighed Shamal.

"S-Shamal? W-why are you here?"

"To save your ass, idiot," he glared and smacked Gokudera's head. "Just so you know, I'm a very busy person."

"S-sorry," Gokudera apologized.

"Erm, Dr. Shamal. How do you know where we are?" Tsuna asked curiously.

"Well, there's a pair of twin that arrived at my office," he grunted. "One of them was more injured than the other. They told me what happened and said that you guys need some help."

"Ahh, they must be Miki and Hiko," Yamamoto stated.

"I guess so," he shrugged.

"Thanks, Dr. Shamal," Tsuna said his word of gratitude.

"Yeah, you owe me one Vongola."

"Thanks Doc!" I said.

**********

Tsuna's POV

"Shall we go?" I asked, reading the time on my watch that is pointing at 6:30 in the morning.

After Dr. Shamal came and save us from the gigantic bed bugs, we managed to grab a few hours of sleep thanks to that. The creatures no longer came and attack us thanks to Dr. Shamal's mosquitoes that somehow made our blood smell awful for them.

"We'll leave Gokudera in your care then, Shamal," Reborn said looking at the still sleeping-maybe fainted-Gokudera.

"I guess so."

Of course, earlier Gokudera protested the idea of him discontinuing the mission even though we all agreed that he should get back and obtained proper medical help.

After a few rounds of arguments, Dr. Shamal got pissed and sedated him. We did not really approved of his action but it was the best way to bring Gokudera out of the mission.

"Well, then. Good luck Vongola," Dr. Shamal wished us and carried Gokudera on his back despite knowing what injury he was suffering from.

Sometimes, I really wondered what was his actual feeling towards Gokudera. Did he even cared for Gokudera or he was just doing his duty?

"Sawada, let's go to the EXTREME!" Ryohei shouted and started strolling towards the corridor that was showed to us by the 'Hinami'.

"A-ahh, yes Onni-san."

"Until we meet again, Doc," Yamamoto smiled.

"L-later," I said quickly to make sure I do not lose sight of the fired up Ryohei.

"Yeah, yeah. Make sure I get paid for this..."

With this, we were one step closer to the closing act of this mission.