7: The Young Man

Hinami's POV

It was dark.

I felt cold at first, however as time passed by I started to feel warmer. A sense of comfort from the heat started flooding through me. As that sensation kept getting stronger, I started to see a spark of light in front of me getting larger and larger until it totally engulfed my whole being.

I shielded my eyes from the blinding lights with my left arm. As my eyes got used to the brightness, I dropped my arm only to find out that I was in a park by myself.

With a smaller body.

I look around and nobody was there. I was scared and tired. My eyes watered as I was on the verge of crying.

Suddenly, a man called out to me. 

"Hey, little girl. Are you alone? Where are your friends?"

I turned and saw a tall toned body man looking down at me. I have to raise my head higher due to the amazing height differences between us. But still, I can't see his face as well due to the sun shining from his back. All that I could capture was the shadow of a tall nose, sharp chin and long eyelashes.

With just that, I can predict that he was a very handsome young man.

"They left me," I sulked.

"Left you? Wow, that's some mean friends you have there," he said with sympathy.

"I should have known that something like this would happened," I said, trying to fight my tears back. "They always do things like this to me. I don't think I have a true friend to start with..."

"Aww," he replied. "Don't say something like that. Is it because of your height?"

I looked down and nodded. "I knew it," I thought to myself. "Even he notices it."

"Well, that's a shame on them then," he suddenly spat out.

I was shocked. I looked up and asked, "Why?"

"Well," he scratched his head. "You're short not because of some genetic mutation or what-so-ever, you're normal. Just like how some people are born tall, you're just the same just the opposite. And even if you're genetically mutated, that shouldn't stop you from being an amazing person." 

My heart fluttered when he said that. This was my first time hearing a stranger saying that to me.

"Just believe in yourself, little girl!" he told me. "It's their loss for throwing someone like you. Believe me, you have capabilities that are beyond your imaginations!"

He squatted down, so that he was as tall as me, and the young man smiled gracefully at me.

At that moment, I can finally see his face.

"I am pretty sure you'll be able to find some real friends one day..."

~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up with tears flowing down my cheeks.

Sitting up, I noticed that I was lying down on a bed in a place that I did not recognized. I looked at myself feeling confused. 

"I'm not dead?" I asked myself. I rubbed eyes and wiped my tears away.

"That memory," I spoke in my mind. That was the day my 'friends' played hide-and-seek with me only to leave me alone when I am counting. "Such a bad yet precious memory."

"You're awake," a voice asked at my right.

Instantly, I turned my head towards it and saw someone I least expect to see right now.

Again, it was HIbari-san...