19: Begin

Tsuna's POV

"Hinami?!" I gasped.

Yamamoto's eye widened while Gokudera looked like he was strucked by a lightning. Ryohei on the other hand was extremely frozen on his spot.

The man was filled with evil laughters again. He walked towards Hinami and stopped right next to her. "Hinami-chan," he called optimistically. "You know what you should do right?"

"Yes, Viktor-sama."

"Hinami, snap out of it!" cried Gokudera. "You're going to get yourself hurt."

"Hurt?" The man, whom we know now name Viktor, mused. "Well, you should ask that yourself first. Will you first be the one who gets hurt first?" he smirked.

"Shut up! You lunatic," Gokudera continued. "You did something, didn't you?!"

I raised my arms to stop him from reacting too violently. He was already edging nearer to our enemy.

Viktor laughed as if he had heard a joke. "That's a very rhetorical question. Why don't you answer it yourself?"

"You!" Gokudera was triggered and launched himself forward. Yamamoto and I tried to pull him back but we were seconds too late.

He raced towards him and raised his fist. Viktor made no effort to dodge his attack, instead his grin grew wider. I looked at him with Hinami standing in between the commotion and a sudden wave of fear rose from my spine. Immediately, I reacted.

"Gokudera-kun! Watch out!"

Too late. He entered within the range of attack and immediately his fist was stopped midair. Connected to it was Hinami's raised hand.

"What the---?" Gokudera started but he could not finished his sentence before he was pushed backwards towards where we stood .

Yamamoto quickly reached out for him and brought him into a sitting position. Gokudera cursed as he sat up, holding his chest from pain. Ryohei got back to his senses from his frozen to the extreme mode and helped out.

Viktor tsked at us. "My, my. You really underestimated your little friend here. Who would have thought that such a small and delicate young lady would actually be able to have such talents that could even bring down a man."

"What... was that?!" Gokudera demanded, breathing heavily.

He smirked in reply. Hinami raised her arms to show us what it was. An electric taser that is in the form of a baton.

"Since you had already got a taste of her abilities," Viktor continued. "I would keep her," he hugged her closer to him and gave us an amused look. "For the finale..."

"What do you mean?" Yamamoto inquired, all the cheerfulness of his voice was kept hidden replaced by the serious words.

"Do you expect I'll allow you to save your friends and defeat me this easily? Even after you rejected my offer to trade Reborn for all your friends?" He replied with a question.

"Of course not. I have a lot of battles all planned out for you. You will have to go through them all to reach the final Boss battle," he smiled devilishly. "I did say we're going to play a 'game'..." he trailed off with a mysterious tone.

"You maniac!" Ryohei called him with his loud voice.

I hate to admit it but Viktor's attitude was really starting to get into my nerves. I now know the reason Gokudera had reacted so violently towards him. He was always the first to be ticked off by these kind of people.

But I also realized that despite all this annoying vibe he gave off, he was actually a very intelligent man. One with a sound and calm mind despite all the unfavourable outcomes that he faced by us today. He never showed anger or violence even when we opposed and bad mouthed him.

What fears me the most was how he looked so planned and organized with everything. It made it seems like we're pawns in a game where he's the system programmer setting up codes to make the game fits into his plan.

"If we defeated you," I inhaled deeply to calm myself. "If we go through this game of yours and we win this. Will you stop targeting us in the future for Reborn and give all our friends back?"

Viktor contemplated my words for a moment. From my observation, he looked like he's weighing both the loss and the gains in what I said. "Winning is not easy," he mused. "But there's a chance for it to happen even though it's small..."

He turned to his followers and asked for their opinion. "Well, I'll say yes but I'll open my mind to all of you. Shall we make this a deal?"

His followers quickly go through a fast and short debate among themselves and after a while, when they were done, the lady stood out from the crowd.

"Master, it's not easy to defeat us," she joked but turned serious again. "We have decided that we shall agree to this with you."

"Very well," Viktor said as he turned around. "Tsunayoshi Sawada, the Tenth Boss of the Vongola Famiglia, we accept your deal to stop assassinating you and your family and to return your friends if you have won. However," he grins this time. "We would be taking Reborn and Hinami here if you failed to succeed in this game of mine. Is that fine with you?"

"What?!" Gokudera retorted. "We didn't make the last one."

"Well, of course. I made that one up."

"You can't do that!"

"Yes, I can. This is a deal, remember. It must have both risk and gain on both sides. You can't expect me to agree to a one-sided deal, right?"

Everyone's eyes were on me now. Waiting for my decision. This was why I disliked being the Boss of a Famiglia. Making decision was never my forte and I hate the feeling when my plans failed but everyone made it seemed like it was their fault instead of mine.

"Tsuna," Reborn interrupted my thoughts. "Hurry up and make your decision," he pestered. He must had noticed that I was not thinking about the things at hand.

I looked back at my comrades, trying to read their expressions. It shocked me when I realized that both of them are ready to fight and win. We had a plan in mind.

I suck in a deep breath and declared our decision. "Deal."

He snickered. "Well, then. Team commence to your positions!"