Chapter 16: Intimidation Tactics

Stars twinkled in the sky over New York City. Soft starlight reflected from the hull of the limo sweeping across the night sky. Slowing down the limo hovered in front of a massive grey skyscraper. Limo doors whisked open with a whoosh. Stepping out Cpt. Anderson led Muse Security and established a perimeter.

White moon light highlighted the ebony combat armour worn by Muse security. Only the white logo of a hand over a fist stood out on the uniform. Henry William's stepped out of the limo marching straight towards the office. Guards flanked the CEO marching towards the door to the office building. Automated sensors scanned the approaching people triggering the main doors to open.

Henry strolled through the double doors with four guards following behind. Six security guards stood watch at the base of the District Attorney's office. Cameras tracked Henry and his team marched towards the group of security. Noticing the armed escort building security looked at one another with worry. One of the guards stopped Henry by stepping in his way.

"Excuse me sir, but I don't see any visitors on the log. I am going to have to ask you to identify yourself." Henry motioned with his hand for the team to stop. The other guards stared at the large assault rifles Muse security troops held. Tension filled the air from the darting glances of the people gathered in the lobby. Armed only with pistols the security guards knew the inferior position they were in. Oblivious Henry dusted dirt from his shoulders before answering.

"Henry Williams. I am here to see District Attorney Richter."

Behind a mahogany desk District Attorney Kyle Richter perused through the case files. Massive stacks of papers towered on the one side of the desk threatening to topple. Kyle groaned running his hands through his hair pulling strands from frustration. The work load had piled up in the pattern resembling a losing game of Jenga. Callous digital time on the watch blared at Kyle showing it was quarter after eleven pm, and the workload would take hours to finish. The intercom buzzed to life interrupting the quiet ambiance of the office.

"I hate to disturb you sir. I have Henry Williams stand here asking to see you." The report only added more stress to the district attorney. Within seconds Kyle realized the reason for the visit at this hour. Henry must have found out about the charges pending on his daughter. The holographic display showed security guards standing opposed to Henry with his armed security team.

Weighing the chain of consequences Kyle tried to decide the best way to handle the situation. Henry Williams possessed power and influence making it unwise to refuse the meeting, but the prosecution of Julia made it unwise to allow entry of her father. The report on the Skymall attack and Henry's behaviour sat on the desk. Having read the report made Kyle feel weary about allowing entrance, but refusal could be much worse. Video showed Henry staring with impatient at the guard standing by the silent intercom. Staring at the intercom Kyle couldn't break through his the indecision gripping his mind.

Henry waited with patience watching the security guard talking over the intercom. After a few minutes the guard exited the booth leaning in to whispering something to his partner. Taking an aggressive stance the entire security group approached Henry and his team. Security guards rested their hands on the pistols at the hip revealing their hostile intentions. Each of the security guards eyes darting watching for slightest sign of hostile intent. Nervous energy added to the tension in the air.

"Tell Mr. Williams he can come enter if he comes alone and surrenders any weapons. Otherwise you are to prevent anyone from entering this building." Turning the intercom off Kyle stared at the door resigned to the choice. Time tightened the hangman's' noose with each second that ticked away. Video zoomed in on Henry so Kyle could watch the response when the guard delivered the news.