Chapter 3: Aggressive Negotiations

Smoke poured from the wreck of the aircraft. Crashing through the slums of Beijing caused little damage to the hardened reinforced plating of the vessel. The once sleek shiny exterior of the Boeing suborbital mercury class shuttle lay covered in debris and soot. Fire burned from the crafts main engines. Destruction of the main engine rendered the vehicle incapable of flight.

Lurching forward the escape hatch flew off the vessel landing a few feet away with a loud thud. Amidst the black fumes of smoke billowing into the night sky stood the shadow of a solemn man. The thin silhouette of the man carried the body of a much larger figure on his back from the wreckage. Placing the larger man down away from the crash the man checked for vital signs. The soldier in his body armor remained disoriented but had no visible damage on him.

Light revealed the figure to be Henry Williams when he stood up. Body armour showed through the rips and tears of the expensive designer suit. Henry was slender but well-toned. The two men were polar opposites in comparison. Armour clung to the well-developed muscles of a seasoned veteran soldier Looking down Henry checked over the man he had carried out..

"Charlie hold tight. I got to get the others out." Henry raced back into the black smoke. Coughing Charlie hacked up the smoke caught in his lungs. Moments later several more figures emerged from the smoke.

"Kendra is that you?" Charlie's voice sounded harsh and jagged.

"Yea it's me Charles. I got Max with me too." Kendra dragged an unconscious man wearing the same uniform. Muse security logo of a fist and book etched on the shoulder of both uniforms.

"Where's Henry?" Charlie pulled his canteen taking a drink.

"Henry got me on my feet and told me to get Max outside. You know the boss he won't leave anyone behind." Several more figures began to emerge from the ship. A small gathering of security forces and Muse employees assembled outside the aircraft wreckage. Standing up Charlie spit out some water onto the ground.

"That shit just doesn't get out of your mouth." Kendra chuckled holding the canteen to a near unconscious Max.

"Drink slowly Max. You got hit in the head by some luggage, but you'll be ok." Captain Max Anderson awareness increased with the daze of unconsciousness wearing off.

"Where is Henry?" Charlie pointed to the wreckage swishing more water around in his mouth.

"We have to get Mr. Williams to safety Kendra." Kendra looked back with concern on her face.

"Just relax Captain it's going to be alright. Mr. Williams is just getting the last employee out. The pilot's had an oxygen supply and the crash wasn't as bad as it could have been." Soldiers and employees gathered outside the crash watched for several minutes. Suspense and terror gripped those without any experience to draw on.

Henry emerged from the crash with the pilot clinging to him. The designer suit now caked in a layer of black soot staining the fine grey fabric, and the white dress shirt now stained black and crimson. The white of henry's eyes stared out from the black mask of his face. Everyone looked to the CEO for orders. Still holding on to the pilot Henry scanned for an escape route.

"Everyone we need to move now!" Henry commanded pointing towards a nearby sewer grate. Soldiers stood up and move towards the task. Several employees froze staring at each other with uncertain eyes. One of the employees stepped forward.

"Muse will have teams here in twenty minutes tops. Sir shouldn't we wait for a rescue unit?" Henry looked back to the co-pilot who had raised the objection.