But her thoughts were soon cut short when the first call of the owls began to fill the air.  They were waking, which meant it was time to leave.  Already the wood pigeons were returning from a day of gathering, and the beautiful plumed parrots that lived in the trees directly above her were back from their day out and heading towards their nests.

Rising slowly with a smile on her face, she pulled her hood up over her head.  It was still warm, but once she hit her side of the forest, the mist would already be gathering and with it came the cold.  

Taking one last look around, she slowly made her way to a man who definitely had something she wanted.

The part of the forest that saw an end to his and the start of hers always felt as if she were passing through a thin veil.  The distinct differences between his home and hers were obvious.  The mist did not enter his part of the forest, instead it gently tapered off to end at the rich foliage, and as she passed through to her own side, the mist grew thicker, the forest darkened and the rich vibrant foliage became scarce.  But it was her home, and she loved it, mainly because of the mysterious solitary feel that the night air gave to it.

Scanning the mist for his form, she did not rush her steps even though her heart was fluttering wildly in her chest, instead she kept her head slightly bowed and her eyes up watching for movement, the way she always entered that part of the forest when she knew he would be there.

And it wasn't too long before he came into view.  As usual, he stopped not far ahead of her, only this time, she slowed her gait down.  Unconsciously, her hips swayed a little as she walked towards him, her hands loosened at her sides and the soft gaze began to harden, though if he noticed, he did not react to it, instead he stood waiting for her approach, his eyes on the soft sway of her hips the entire time.

Though the closer she got to him, he began to realize she was not moving to the side, this time she was heading straight for him and the second her features became visible, she not only walked to stand in front of him, her eyes were fired so brightly, he could not contain the small gasp that escaped him.

Holding out a large fish to the side of his body not knowing what else to do under her intense gaze, she did not even look at it, she instead shook her head at him while the fierceness in her eyes bore into his own so acutely his bottom lip uncontrollably quivered slightly.   Like a lightening bolt, the heat from her gaze seemed to strip him bare.  He had no idea how she managed to create a look that left him feeling naked, vulnerable and wanting, but the open desire in her eyes mingled with the scent of her arousal had him slowly moving back to put distance between them.

Lowering the hood of her jacket, he watched as her hair tumbled out about her body.  The dark tone of her hair only highlighted the silky smooth fairness of her skin.  Her eyes darkened even more as she took a step closer.

"Your hand." she said softly enough, but there was tension in the air as she raised her own towards him.

Slowly his hand rose into the air before her.  Taking it gently, she turned it over so the palm was facing down, then placing her other hand inside her jacket, she withdrew a small container which to his keen eyes looked to be made from wood chips.  It was crude, but it seemed as if it served its purpose, because no sooner was it in her hand then she let his hand go to dip her finger into its contents.

Then taking his hand back into her own, she forcefully pulled him towards her.  And very gently she rubbed a soothing balm over the small nicks and scratches on the back of his hand.  

Not once did his eyes leave her face as she tended to what he considered to be of no concern, but the most forceful way she pulled him towards her, caused an eruption of breath to escape him as a burning rush of heat began to rise up within him.

Her eyes too gazed deeply into his as if searching for something.  It was a consuming gaze, one that seemed to reach into the most farthest part of him, as if seeking to touch a part of his soul not even he had touched.  

But no sooner did he feel as if she had just stripped his soul bare, then her eyes began to droop softly as she then moved even closer.  With the hood of her jacket down, he got a very close look at her every inch of her face.  Her eyes were the most profound, but the way her lips arched slightly upwards and the way her head moved closer, he suddenly jerked back when she deeply inhaled his scent.

 Snatching his hand back, he took two steps to the right without taking his eyes off her once.  Preparing to give her a bow of his head, something he always did after they had swapped necessities, a sudden snarl froze him in place.

Darker than her mist filled forest, her eyes once again held his own.  Not sure what to do, but wanting to see what she would do next, he raised his hands and lowered his hood. He had no idea why, or even what difference it would make, considering she was definitely on heat, he was literally breathing it in, but he remained where he was as the snarled lips rose to create a soft upward curve.

And once again, she moved closer to him.  She was mere inches away, but she continued to move closer until she was almost touching him.  Then without warning, her hands grabbed handfuls of his hair and his head was yanked back roughly.

Gasping but not daring to move, his eyes slowly began to close as her face moved towards the crook of his neck and very slowly her face rolled upwards towards his ear inhaling his scent as she went.  Like an animal, her desire for him was at its most primitive.  He felt the softness of her lips against his skin as she breathed him in deeply.  

A slow rumbling growl escaped him.  Grabbing a handful of her jacket he forced her against him.

The air was thick with intimidation.

The breath exhaled in a mist about their faces as they glared at each other and though the air was cold, the heat from their bodies mingled like flame on flame.

Slowly her head moved forward.  Her cheek softly caressed his own, her eyes closed and the breath quickened against him.

Then, without a word, she slowly drew back.  

Letting go of her jacket, her flushed cheeks slowly disappeared inside her hood as she drew it back up over her head.  Then without a word, she slowly turned and walked away leaving him breathless, on heat and angry.