CHAPTER NINE: TIGHTROPE

I SMILED SOFTLY at my husband. Even though he's been a complete jerk, I still love him. The wind blew, the soft breeze making my dress flow. I slowly walked up to him.
"I've missed you, Phil," P. T. muttered. He nuzzled his nose into the crook of my neck. "The others misses you too. They want you back into the circus."
"I'll think about," I said.
"May I kiss you, my beautiful wife?" P. T. asked. I laughed.
"Of course, you goof!" I said.
P. T. grabbed me by my waist and kissed me deeply.

*3rd Person*

Music filled the air as Philip and P. T. kissed. Singing, to be exact.
"Some people long for a life that is simple and planned. Tied with a ribbon. Some people won't sail the sea 'cause they're safer on land to follow what's written. But I'd follow you to the great unknown, off to a world we call our own!"
A female, who's been spying on them sang. A female known as Charity. She smiled at the two.
"Hand in my hand and we promised to never let go! We're walking the tightrope! High in the sky! We can see the whole world down below, we're walking the tightrope! Never sure, never know how far we could fall! But it's all an adventure! That comes with a breathtaking view! Walking the tightrope.
"With you, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh! With you, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh! With you.
"Mountains and valleys, and all that will come in between! Desert and ocean you pulled me in and together we're lost in a dream! Always in motion, so I risk it all just to be with you! And I risk it all for this life we choose!
"Hand in my hand and you promised to never let go! We're walking the tightrope! High in the sky! We can see the whole world down below! We're walking the tightrope! Never sure, will you catch me if I should fall? Well, it's all an adventure! That comes with a breathtaking view! Walking the tightrope!
"With you, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh! With you, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh! With you! With you, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh!" She sang with all her heart.
P. T. and Philip continued to kiss, not even noticing she's the one who's singing. Charity's voice gets softer as they slowly break apart.
"With you, ooh-ooh-ooh! With you..."
P. T. and Philip break apart, resting their foreheads against each other.
"I love you," P. T. muttered into Philip's ear.
Philip smiled softly. "I love you too, idiot."

*THE END*