[8]

November 5th, 2038

Listen to the soundtrack, to get the feel of this chapter.

***

My feet harshly hits the pavement, as I ran across the road. I tightened my hold on Joshua, so he won't fall from my grasp. I looked around me, trying to find somewhere that we can escape to. My eyes drifted towards an alleyway, and I ran to it without hesitation.

Running inside the alleyway, I gazed around. There was no place to hide, it was empty. I frowned, and desperately tried to find something else that can help us escape. I blinked, as I saw a ladder in the corner of the alley. I looked up and saw that it was attached to a pretty tall building, so I ran towards it.

Joshua tightened his hold around my neck, as I climbed up the ladder. His face was buried into my shoulder, keeping the harsh rain from hitting him. I quickly climbed up, my face looking up into the dark sky. I blinked as the rain harshly hits my face. "Is he going to catch us, (Y/N)?" I heard Joshua mutter.

My lips turned into a firm line, and I looked at Joshua. "I won't let him catch us, Joshua." I say, with reassurance. He looked up at me, and smiled softly. "I know you won't." He whispers.

"Stop right now!" I heard a voice call out from below us. I looked down, and saw Connor running inside the alleyway. He had a determined expression on his face, and I felt Joshua tremble in my arms. I gritted my teeth, and quickly climbed up the ladder as fast as I could.

I felt the ladder jolt, signaling that Connor was climbing the ladder as well. "Don't make this harder than it needs to be! Just stop, and we can talk!" Connor calls out, but I ignored him.

When I made it to the top, I looked around me. Scanning the area in front of us, I saw that another building was connected to the one that we was on. I tightly hold onto Joshua, and began to run towards the edge of the roof.

I jumped onto the next building, and looked behind me. Connor was now getting onto the building that we was on before, and is now running towards us. I wasted no more time, and began to run across the roof. I saw another building, but it wasn't attached to this one. It had a huge gap in between, and since this building was tall, we would surely fall to our deaths if we fail to get onto it.

I felt conflicted, and tried to make a decision that could help us safely. Suddenly, I felt myself being grabbed. I flinched, and I heard Joshua scream in terror. I slightly looked behind me, to see that it was Connor holding me. I grit my teeth, and head butted him in the face. He flinched and lets go of me, falling to the ground.

There was no time for another way, we have to go now. I hold onto Joshua, and ran towards the edge with a lot of speed. Hopefully, it will be enough to get across the gap.

I braced myself and lunged off the edge, and it felt like time slowed down. I pressed Joshua into my shoulder, so he wouldn't look down. I closed my eyes, and felt the wind and rain hit my face.

My feet hit the hard ground, and I opened my eyes. I smiled slightly, seeing that we made it across. I looked over my shoulder, and saw that Connor was running at full speed. He didn't seem to be stopping, and I watched as he lunged across.

I was about to start running again, thinking that he was going to make it across, when I stopped. He made it across, but his footing made him tumble backwards. I saw several different expressions on his face, but one stood out more than the rest.

Scared.

He fell backwards into the gap, but managed to catch the edge of the roof with his hand. I blinked, not knowing what to do.

Should I just leave him there?

I looked down at Joshua, and saw that he was looking at me with a worried expression on his face. I glanced back at Connor, who was desperately trying to get back up, and clenched my fists.

What should I do?

***

Hey guys! I hoped you liked this chapter. Did you like the chase scene I created? I was listening to the soundtrack from the chase scene where Alice and Kara was going through the traffic, to escape Connor. There might be more chase scenes in the next chapter, so look forward to that ^-^

Anyways, I hope you have an awesome day/night!

|Never Out|