Chapter 13- Heart Broken

Start from the beginning

I leaned against him, using him as a support. His shirt was wet, a dark patch where he held me against him. I could make out the outline of the hard muscles underneath. I involuntarily let out a “wow” of appreciation and desire. Adrian chuckled and pulled me closer to him. I blushed. I didn't feel cold anymore.

-------------------------------------------------------------

He took me to my cabin. While we walked, many campers passed us, hardly sparing us a glance. They were running to the lake. A painful stab pulled at my heart. I was so selfish. Jessica. I hoped she was alright. Maybe she didn't know how to swim, that's why Nathaniel jumped out to save her. But this thought didn't do anything to make me feel better. I just couldn't think about him without hurting. Forget about him. The thought entered my mind when Adrian pulled my hand. I looked up at his worried face, a frown creased the skin between his eye brows. I smiled wryly, falsely telling him, “I'm fine.” He didn't look convinced. We were almost in front of the cabin door now when it flew open and Alex walked out.

He was grinning and looking behind him. Aria stormed out after him, her face scarlet with embarrassment and anger. She was holding a hair brush in her hand and looked like she was going to throw it at Alex. He laughed and dodged it when it came flying towards his head and moved forward and enveloped her in a big hug. I wondered what they were up to inside.

Aria's eyes could be seen over Alex's shoulder and she still looked angry but that was replaced by worry when she saw me. She said something to Alex and moved away from his embrace and came running to me.

“Clea, what happened to you!?” Aria screamed and turned an accusing look towards Adrian, “What did you do to her?”

I sighed and started to speak when Adrian said, “Oh you know Clea. She's so hot she had to take a dip in the lake to cool down a bit.”

 I blinked at him in confusion and when I realized what he said, I gave him a punch on the shoulder in embarrassment.

Alex was laughing and Aria was still glaring at Adrian.

“I fell off the boat.” I murmured.

“Wha-t? But how? And where's Nath, he's your partner, isn't he?” Aria asked and looked around in search for the guy-who-threw-me-overboard.

I sighed again. I was starting to feel a little dizzy.

“Aria, Clea will explain what happened, to you later. I think she better get into some warm clothes before she catches a cold.” Adrian told her softly, his words ringing with authority.

 Aria nodded at him.

Adrian pulled my hand and took me inside.

I let go of his hand and flexed mine. They were a little stiff. I went over to my bags to take out some clothes to change into.

“Ahem... Adrian?” Aria said. Adrian turned to her and raised an eyebrow. “Unless you are hiding an inner female in you, don't you think you should wait outside? Clea has to change.” Aria was biting her tongue to stop herself from laughing.

Adrian's eyes were wide open and he stood still like a statue. My face was on fire. I hadn't realized he was still inside the cabin and I had already started removing my shirt half way through. 

“ADRIAN OUT!” I yelled at him like he was a dog. He ruffled his hair in embarrassment and quickly walked out, graciously closing the door behind him. I could hear Alex laughing loudly outside.

“Don't you dare laugh.” I told Aria dangerously.

 She made a mock gesture of zipping her lips, locking them and throwing away the key.