Chapter 2: Darkness from the Past

Long ago, there was a time where everyone possessed one of the four elements. Fire, the fierce and passionate. Earth, the stable and caring. Air, the clever and socialable. Water, the deep and sensitive.

They were all happy - living together in one area. The heavens had created them and always watched them - proud and loving of their creations. The elementals were powerful, but they always looked up to the light - never disrespecting them and forever loyal. They were happy with the way they lived  -sharing, socializing, working, loving.

But, of course, the happiness did not live on forever.

A strange creature made from the darkness of sin watched the elementals - hidden from the view of the heavens. It slowly grew day by day with each lie, each thievery, each act of violence; each sin. It was soon big enough to cause mass destruction wherever it went.

It could have chosen to not harm anyone - it could have chosen to be happy with the other creatures, but the dark creature was not happy; it was hateful. It hated the heavens for making beings to serve them and them alone. It hated the created beings for serving the heavens and the heavens alone. It hated how selfish they all were - how disgusting and close-minded.

It tried to tell the heavens its thoughts and ideas to improve their society, but they did not answer. The creature grew ever more hateful.

One night, the creature looked up into the night sky, filled with stars. Each star resembled an elemental. The stars were made by the heavens as to show their love to the elementals. The creature grew more hateful. It thought that the heavens made the stars only because they were trying to persuade the elementals to serve them more.

That night, when all of the stars shined ever so brightly, the creature made its move. It slipped into the night and snatched innocent elementals away through the windows. It only wanted to take a few as to show the heavens what they did wrong, but with each soul it consumed, the more powerful it got.

It loved the feeling of being so powerful - much more powerful than the heavens itself - and it craved more and more. It could not stop itself. It loathed the heavens and it loved the power it felt. Every night, it slipped into homes - feeding on the elementals that lived there, growing more and more powerful and more and more satisfied. Every night, more stars disappeared.

The elementals - bless their souls - prayed for mercy. They were mistaken and believed that the heavens sent the creature to punish them. Of course, the heavens did not understand and thus did not help.

One night, there was no light. The stars were all gone; the darkness had consumed them all. The creature was called The Black Hole for it had destroyed all of the stars.

The heavens noticed how dark their world was. The heavens noticed the absent of the praises and the activity and worship from the elementals, so they looked down on the elemental civilization once more with apprehension.

Nothing was broken; none of the houses were destroyed. The only problem was that there were no living creature; everything was empty. The elementals were all gone. The heavens then saw the creature - The Black Hole - perched on the highest tower of the city.

The gods asked why the creature have done this, and the creature mocked them for being powerless to stop it. It said that the gods were careless with their powers and that they were selfish, never listening and always full of themselves. It was their fault that the elementals have been destroyed.

Of course, the gods were furious! One of them lashed out at the creature with their powers, but the creature was much more powerful. It left the god paralyzed for a few moments and it warned the other gods that if they were to create another elemental, then it will find it and kill it. Then, the creature slipped away; it left to look for a place to gloat by itself.