Chapter 3: Uncertain Fear

Aries stares at her friends blankly. She doesn't know what she should feel. Pisces is choking back shocked gasps and sobs as Cancer rubs her back and tries not to cry themselves. It's hard to watch and Aries has to look away to stop her fingers from trembling.

She still can not believe what had just happened. She glances down at her arms. Yep, the cuts and bruises are still there. Surprisingly, they don't hurt; she must be too shocked to feel it.

*~**~*

With a flash of light, Sun suddenly appears next to Moon.

"You felt it too, right?" Sun whispers frantically.

Moon nods. "I'm afraid our worst fears are true."

"Huh? What's happening?" Aries pipes up. She was eating with the other Signs when the whole room had began shaking. Now, Sun is in the room and Aries doesn't know why.

Another flash of light appears and Rise is also there.. along with their Signs.

Rise appears to be exhausted and leaning against the wall. They look up with tired eyes and manages a small smile when they notice the presence of both Sun and Moon.

Pisces waves shyly towards Cancer, who waves back with a warm, yet unsure smile.

Aries meets Sagittarius's eyes and nods in greeting.

"We have to move." Rise moves sluggishly towards a nearby door. "To the Quiet Room. Moon, will you be alright with.. with my Signs coming as well? I.. didn't want to leave them alone for too long."

Moon nods immediately, her fingers playing with her obsidian hair anxiously. "Absolutely. Just follow closely behind."

"I should go to my Signs as well," Sun nods in thought. "To the Quiet Room it is. Check with me when you get there."

He disappears with a flash of golden light. Moon turns towards the rest of the Signs. "Please, follow me. We must get to safety."

"Saftey?" Libra frowns, her mind already finding a conclusion. "We're in danger." It's more of a statement than a question.

"Are we going to die?" An air-sign - Aquarius, Aries believes - asks bluntly.

Pisces's deep blue eyes stretches wide in horror. "We're gonna die?"

An earth-sign - Taurus, probably - next to Aquarius lightly smacks them on the shoulder, shaking their head in disapproval.

Moon leans down and gently brushes a strand of Pisces's hair behind her ear. "No, sweetie. Nobody is going to die." She smiles in reassurance.

Capricorn wraps the water-sign into a hug as Moon moves away. "Don't worry, Pisces. Moon and Rise won't let anything happen to us."

Aries feels her heart swell over at the sight of that, feeling a fierceness growing within her. She will protect them.

"Now, let's go." Moon opens the door to the halls. "Stay away from the windows and don't wander away."

As everyone files out with Aries and Sagittarius at the front, Rise shakes their head as if trying to clear it from the odd exhaustion before following after the rest of the group.

Capricorn and the other earth-sign, Taurus, are at the back of the group - watching over everyone silently, as if they had somehow become the vice-caretakers.

Aries is confused but alert and she knows that the others are feeling the same. Sagittarius constantly peers around the hallway as if they're trying to detect something.