_

Saturday, 8:32 pm.

"Noah are you coming?" I pleaded. "Of course." He said flatly, like I should have known. "What? I thought you said you aren't." I was confused. "Millie, I have to go because if I don't you're gonna get fucking stoned and then you'll die." He said flatly. "Wow that makes me feel so much better." I say sarcastically, hopping into the car. "Shit we need gas." Noah groaned. "It's fine, we can get some tomorrow." I sighed.

Update: I'm nervous. I don't know why exactly, but we are going to the lake in town, and HE is gonna be there. Finn.

8:58 pm.

We pulled up in the parking lot around the bushes. It was pitch black out, and we could hear faint screams in the distance, along with the annoying smell of weed. "Noah!" Sadie waved, soon seeing me after. "Hey guys, um before we go over there, I need to let you guys know.." the red head began. "Finn's here, and you guys know he's my best bud, but he really fucked up last night Mills." She said, referring to when the two boys broke into Sadie's bedroom. "What the fuck happened last night?" Noah looked over at me with concern. "Uh- I," I stuttered. I was interrupted by Finn stumbling over to us. He walked jack sparrow. He had a beer in his hand and messy hair. "Well well, look who decided to show up." He flirted. Sadie just rolled her eyes. She gave Finn a small hug as he looked me up and down. "We're gonna go change." Sadie led Noah and I back to her car. Noah just took his pants and shirt off, to already have his swim shorts on underneath, while Sadie and I changed quickly out of our clothes. "Damn." Sadie whistled, making me blush. "You look hot." She smiled. "Right back at ya." I gave her a toothy smile. We heard a loud splash as someone dove into the lake. "Let's go!" Sadie said, putting her hair up. "Cannon ball!" A curly haired boy jumped in the pool, he reminded me of a hobbit. Finn took off his shirt, which made my legs feel wiggly and I almost lost my balance. I was a little scared of Caleb. Him being the oldest and all but, he just wanted to get into Sadie's pants, and that made me worry for her. Finn walked up to me.

Shit.

The boy was drunk but he still smiled cheekily at me. I stood there, smoking in my black bathing suit. I honestly felt really stupid. "Hey there baby." He flirted, making me cringe a little. "Hey." I say flatly. "Listen, I'm sorry I was such a dick head to you and red, I was stoned." He chuckled. I couldn't tell if he was being serious or it was just his drunken mind. I shrugged in response as he looked at my ass.

We were all drunk. Even Noah was tripping over his own to feet.

Finn couldn't stop looking at me. I was dizzy. I couldn't think straight either. I bit my lip, making the boy clench his fists. I stepped on my cigarette, and sat beside Sadie on the dock. "Heyy youu." I hiccuped. Sadie almost fell in he water, making barn heard noises. "YEEHAW!" She snorted like a pig, making me laugh so hard I almost peed myself. Suddenly, a cold two pair of hands touched my bare back, and within seconds I was already under the water of the lake. Sadie went in with me. We made a huge splash. "What the fuck!" I rubbed my eyes as I came up to the surface, as did Sadie. "Finn I'm gonna kill you!" Sadie grabbed the boy's ankle, pulling him backwards in with us, also making a big splash. "C'mon Noah!" I called at the boy who stood there, crossing his arms. He looked like a drunk little stick bug. "Fuck my life!" He yelled, doing a canon ball into the water, making everyone laugh.

I think Caleb got the message that Sadie didn't wanna be around him, so he sort of kept his distance, while Finn couldn't stop following me. I was tapped on the shoulder as I was resting on the side of the dock. I looked up to see the curly haired boy who looked like a hobbit. He passed me a cold beer. "Thank you!" I smiled. "Gaten Matarazzo!" He shook my hand. "Pleasure." He smiled back. "Millie," I laughed at him, shaking his hand. "Where're you from then?" He plopped on the dock beside me. "I didn't recognize you from the high school." He added. "Oh, no, Noah and I aren't from around here," I began. "Lemme guess, New York?" Gaten guessed. "No." I giggled. "Charlottesville." I corrected him. "Ahhh." He nodded slowly. "So what are you guys doing all the way out here." He slurred. "Well, it wasn't exactly planned." I began. "Noah and I wanted to get away for a while. A fresh start I guess." I played with my thumb ring.
After about another hour or so, Noah got out his camera and started to take more random videos and pictures. He took one of us all. I was definitely keeping it.

DEC. 2003

 2003

_

11:54 pm.

Sadie helped me get wrapped up in a towel, as we walked back to the car in our bare feet and wet suits. The grass tickled my feet.

Finn and Caleb ran passed us with their beers, showing off. "Fucking show off's!" Sadie shouted after them. We both giggled. I looked back to see that Noah and Gaten seemed to be getting along well. I was happy. I wasn't this happy in a long time. "Here, you can wear my extra shirt." Sadie threw me her grey shirt and winked at me. "Who's driving?" She finally asked Finn, as he was out of breath running back. He had no shirt on and I was trying not to stare. "I'll drive!" Gaten said drunkly. "No!" We all shouted at the same time.

_

Noah and I got home at midnight.

Funny thing was, I wasn't tired at all.

"School will be starting soon." Noah let out a huge sigh as he flopped on the bed, flipping through the TV channels. "I'm never going back to school." I chuckled. I walked into the bathroom to change my tampon.
"I can't believe we've been here for almost over a month and now we -" I was cut off. "Millie." Noah said in a concerned tone. I peeked my head out from the bathroom. "What?" I asked flatly.

"Jesus Noah what the fuck is the matter.." I stopped my own train of words at the sight of what was on the TV screen. It was the News. My mouth dropped as well as Noah's. I froze dead in my tracks, with my tooth brush in one hand.

"A man was found in his Charlottesville apartment late last evening, where the police suspect it was an overdose. Sarah will tell us more," the man on the News nodded as the camera changed to a woman with a microphone standing outside of my apartment. "Thank you Johnny, a man in his early fifties was found in his apartment last night in critical condition, due to an extreme overdose. Hospital is doing everything they can, some fear he won't make it through the night." The lady said. And with that, Noah turned the TV off. We stood there in utter silence, not moving or speaking at all. Tears form in my eyes as I begin to cry. Noah pulled me into a huge, tight hug, rubbing my back. "Dad..." is all I could manage to say.

_