Let's Play a Game (13)

Start from the beginning

“I’m going back inside,” I sighed now, getting up from my chair until I was being pulled back down by Johnny.

“Oh, no you don’t!” he cried, grabbing me around my waist before I could even barely get out of my chair.

“No, no, let go of me!” I cried, even though I was laughing as I did so. This showed Johnny that I was fine with this, which resulted in him now tickling me.

Zach, who was still in the pool along with everyone else, stopped trying to drown Logan as he looked over at Johnny and me. I ignored him completely, because I was actually having fun, and I didn’t want him to ruin it for once.

I actually was having fun, which had been really hard for me lately. And it was with my boyfriend, of all people. But I still wanted to get away and go upstairs even though I couldn’t, since Aveline and Logan didn’t know I lived in the house with Zach and his family.

A throat was suddenly being cleared behind us, and Johnny finally stopped tickling me as we looked over to see Ethan, who was unhappily holding a plate full of drinks.

“My mom forced me out here to give these to you guys,” he informed us, placing them down on the table before hurrying his way back inside so he wouldn’t have to be near me any longer.

“Drinks!” I heard Kate squeal from the pool, and she quickly emerged and ran toward the lemonade. “I’m so thirsty!”

With the horrible mood I was in, I wanted to tell her to just drink the pool water, but I knew I couldn’t say something as mean as that to my best friend. Even though she’d probably just think I was joking anyway…

The rest of the wet teens followed her right out, and I got a little apprehensive as they got close to me. I didn’t know what my shirt would look like wet, so I didn’t know how noticeable the gauze might have been. All I knew was that I definitely didn’t want to get wet, just in case.

“Aren’t you going to get in the pool, Johnny?” Aveline asked as she sipped at her lemonade, barely even shooting a glance toward me. “The water’s nice and cool.”

“I might,” he shrugged, and then shot a glance toward me. It wasn’t my fault I had a wound! “I’ll go in once Maxynn does.”

Aveline now turned to glare at me. “Even though I don’t understand why you’re even here, you should still get in the pool so Johnny can have some fun.”

I glared right back at her. “I told him to get in the pool and he won’t listen to me. It’s not my fault.”

“What a girlfriend you are,” she muttered before turning back toward the pool.

“Can I go inside now?” I asked Johnny, and he shook his head. “Oh, come on! I don’t even want to be here!”

“Well, I want you here,” Johnny smirked at me, and I couldn’t help but blush a little at this.

I gulped, turning away from him anyway and jumping up out of my chair. But before I could even take two steps toward the house, arms were suddenly circling around my waist and I was being thrown into the pool with whoever had grabbed me.

I broke through the surface to see that it had been Zach who had thrown me in with him, and I knew that I shouldn’t have been surprised. I also knew that I was seriously going to drown him for what he just did!

“You idiot! What if I couldn’t swim? I’d drown!” I shouted at him, jumping up and pushing his head under the water, wanting him to know what I had felt like to be pushed in like that. “Man, I hate you!”

“Love you, too!” he simply laughed once I let go of him.

I was going to kill him, unless he killed me first. Seriously, what if I hadn’t been able to swim or something? I would have died and Zach probably wouldn’t have even cared!