Chapter 36: Diciotto Anni

Start from the beginning

I almost threw up as the original color of the walls paint was unidentified due to the colourful scatterings of my name.

That wasn't what made me sick.

Footage of me getting dressed or undressing the hotels David and I stared at made bile rise in my throat. Every piece of clothing was slowly taken off as the video played at least three times slower. It made it seem like I was purposefully teasing the camera.

Previous articles of clothing I had worn were scattered on the bed. The red dress I had worn to Ivan's mansion. The outfit I wore when I tried to run away from David. Even almost a third of the clothes that were in the wardrobe before the fire.

The room smelt like the window hasn't been open in years. Dust built up on almost every little surface in the room. The dark yellow carpet had unknown stains similar to the bed. Taking another once over of everything in the room. I stood in bewilderment.

He was a psychopath.

"Do you like it my love?"

Turning around I gasped in surprise. Nikolas' eyes were as wide as saucers and he stared at me with such longing. His face was tilted to the side and a sickening smile showing all his white teeth was evident on his face. Scratches and blood had decorates his skin.

Blood drenched his whole t shirt. "What did you do to my parents?" Mutterings could be heard as his head twitched from side to side. He was contemplating on whether to tell me or not.

Out loud.

After deciding to report what he had down his head snapped up. "We don't need them baby. All we need is ourselves. I love you, you love me. We will make our perfect happy family".

My head automatically shook back and forth. He wouldn't. He's bluffing. But then again, he was my past outfits he's probably been sniffing. And footage of me half naked.

I punched and smashed against his chest. I didn't even think about what I was screaming at him. How could he?

The door of my office burst open

The door of my office burst open. A raging Claire stood by the door with tears in her eyes. I ran up to her trying to comfort her before my face fell to the side.

"How fucking dare you?!" Claire never raised her voice at me, my heart pained. She was my baby sister, I loved her. "How could you call it off?"

I cast my eyes down and turned back to my desk. I didn't utter a single word, and I couldn't look into her eyes. She made me want to protect her just like I wanted to protect Saryah.

"You love her and you are to blind to see it! Did you not check the date? That was written way before she started warming up to you. She fucking loves you! I love her too, and so does Helga".

"Helga is crying her god damn eyes out and swearing that she won't look at your face again. I can't belive the brother I grew up admiring for his determination, is now the worst role model I could put on my list".

I felt like I had just been stabbed in my heart and eyes. The three people I love, I have pushed them away. That's all I'm good for. Destruction.

"And the worst part of it all, it that you're to blind to see what's going on behind your back. And you getting drunk off your ass!"

I swivelled quizzically staring at Claire. "Yes David, The Russians are looking for her". My mind clouded in anger. "Don't push her away when your already so close. I've seen what she does to you David. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and open your god damn eyes".

Claire placed a warm hand in my face and a single drop of salty liquid fell from my eyes. "Even if she doesn't realized right now. Bring her back, make her stay. You were made for each other".

I swallowed a gulp and refused to give her a response. She stared at the tear drop in disbelief and caught it on her finger. It lay there jiggling from side to side but she was careful so it would not fall off.

"Diciotto anni"

She gasped before turning to the door. "Don't forget David. You deserve love, you've been through  way too much for me to stand here and let you hurt yourself again".

I heard her mutter that she had to show my tear to Helga. Apparatenly it was entertaining to both of them that I hadn't cried in seventeen years. I grabbed the glass of bourbon off my table and threw it against the wall.

Only one thing was in my mind at the moment.

Dominic.