Chapter 9: Watching Over Andy

"Baby please. I'm begging you to believe me. I had nothing to do with their misfortunes. I hired nobody. I swear." Rye says as I pack a suitcase.

"I never said I didn't believe you, Rye. But Andy needs help. I am going to watch over him until his stab wound gets better. I will text you each day to tell you I'm alive. My friends matter to me. I will be home in a few weeks. I love you." I say walking out of the house and to my car.

I reach Andy's house. I walk inside, hoping that he is resting. I set my bag down by the front door, and slowly walk up to his room. I knock gently in case he's lying awake. 

"Come in." I hear faintly. I step into the room, seeing Andy shirtless, watching T.V. 

"Hey, how are you feeling?" I ask sitting next to him.

"Like crap. It hurts really bad." He complains. I go back downstairs to grab my bag with medicine to help him. I pull out a pill bottle. 

"What's that?" He asks concerned.

"Just a strong dosage of Ibuprofen. It will help take away your pain. I'm going to be here for the next few weeks to make sure this stays clean." I tell him. His eyes advert to mine quickly.

"You're going to stay with me?" He asks his eyes hopeful.

"Yes Andy. Friends take care of friends. Family takes care of their own." I respond. He smiles at me and sets up slowly. He grabs his laptop and starts looking something up on YouTube.

Soon he shows me a video that he made. It started playing Smoke Clears by Andy Grammar. It was from the months we had been together, and all of the pictures and videos we took together. We had been so in love. Tears brim as the video drags on, then at the end is Andy singing some of this song.

I look up at Andy as he turns his laptop back towards him. "That was beautiful. When did you make that?" I ask.

"Right before my stupid ass left you." He responds honestly. 

"Why did you keep it that long?" I ask.

"I kept it because I was going to do something cute and cheesy with it. Like propose to you in the future." He replies. I take his laptop, moving it then pushing him down onto his back. I grab my first aid kit, and remove his bandages. 

I clean the wound then re-bandage it. I throw the used bandages away, then sit back down by Andy. 

"Since I'm stuck in bed for awhile, how about you tell me something about you that I don't know." Andy says. 

"I'm in love with someone." I reply. 

"That's great. I am too. She's a great girl, but she isn't you." 

"You're in love with her? That's really awesome." I say trying to hide the hurt in my voice. 

"No. I'm in love with you still Athena. You mean the world to me, and I can't allow anyone to hurt you anymore. I don't know who stabbed me, but I know that Jack's beating was from me. I did that to him, because he hurt you. We might have been fucked up on drugs, but I was boiling when he was that way towards you." He says. 

"Y-you did that to Jack?" I ask.

"I did, and I feel no shame for it." He replies. 

-Couple weeks later-

So things between Andy and I have been getting interesting. We have had heart to heart talks. We even had our long overdue talk as to why he did what he did. I got the real answers I asked for this time. 

Was I happy with them? Not really, but I understood them. I know Andy had a reason for the way he did things, he thought that he was only going to hurt me. He thought that a heartbreak would be temporary, and it was, I mean I'm dating his best friend.