Chapter35: The End

Start from the beginning

I grimaced in disgust. "Can I take it off now?" Mutterings could be heard under his breath in French. "No". I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms covering my chest completely. His orbs moved suddenly. To believe he was so rude, he talked to me still staring at my breasts.

"Why? You've fed your sickening fetish, I'm done here". Nikolas' face started to redden as his anger appeared from beneath. His glare on me hardened. And he stepped closer to me. The nearer he got I fiddled with my hands and spun round the marble island. I took a quick glance at the object I was aiming for. "Don't you get it? I love you Saryah. And you will love me back. You will make yourself useful". He up and downed my body once more before licking his lip.

"You're crazy!" a loud scream came from my mouth and my hair fell to my face. Tears pooled at my eyes. Nikolas took a few more daring steps and I did the same backwards and holding the knife in my grasp.

"Don't come any closer Nikolas". He raised an eyebrow at me. Sending a boyish smirk with a glimpse of amusement in his eyes. "You wouldn- FUCK!" The knife pierced into his skin staining his light shirt. Blood absorbed into his shirt around the knife.

I gulped, without thinking I dashed for the door. I swung open the door and kicked off my heels. My feet stung as they glided across the stone payment. I picked up my pace as I saw Nikolas approaching the door. Staring straight ahead there was a single path with trees surrounding it.

My heart raced wildly as my feet smacked against the pebbles coated in mud. I was coming, David.

"Saryah!" I could hear the bulky man bellow behind me. He was close. I continued running despite my growing fear. Maybe I should just give up. I should just wait for David.

He would come find me.

My body went tumbling onto the muddy path as Nikolas tackled me to the ground. His nose uncontrollably flared and he stared at me with such anger. He pinned my body down in a straddle position.

My face flung to the side. It wasn't until a few seconds till I felt the afterburn. My face throbbed and tears started to pour out of my eyes. Nikolas brought his hand back as the scarlett liquid formed a small pond beside my face.

" J'en ai assez de ta désobéissance mon amour".

Nikolas flung me over his uninjured shoulder. A low grunt came put of his mouth as he lifted me higher. Blood rushed to my head and it began to throb vigorously.

Suddenly I was placed roughly on my feet before falling straight to the ground. He slapped me again. My ears silenced out the noise opening up to a loud scream in my head. I couldn't make it stop. I felt as if my ear drums were going to explode, but there wasn't anything I could do about it.

"You won't listen. Maybe I have to fucking make you!"

I stared at the plump man that lay on the floor

Dead.

Useless.

A bullet hole pierced through his blood drained head. A pool of red liquid pooled around his body. I rolled my eyes before getting up from my desk. I fixed my cuffs and pushed my sleeves out.

Gliding round the room I headed straight for the room that held all Saryah's evidence for clues as to where Nikolas took her. The door was opened by two guards clad in a black. A subtle nod was sent to me and unacknowledged.

"Boss, we found this. It's some sort of notebook, we haven't looked into it. Our queen's privacy must be respected". His head was not visible to me as he was bowed down mockingly low. 

I took the notebook from his hand and headed towards main room. Flicking through the notebook I stumble across pages and pages of beautiful song lyrics. I smiled at the doodles of wierd characters and scowled at the photographs of her and that Mason kid. She looked so happy, joyous even. Who knew he would be the first to stab her in the back?

Turning to the next page I furrowed my brows at the unfamiliar list. I skimmed over every word. What!

A wave of despair crossed over me and I closed the book slowly. Staring around the room almost a hundred of my finest tech and fighters were working hard to find her. My love.

"Stop.... STOP! It's been called off.

Stop looking for the queen".

Maybe I should just give up.

I can't keep looking for her. Not after this.

Maybe he isn't coming for me.

I can't come for her. Not anymore.

But maybe there's still hope.

I can't forgive her.

Or this might just be the end.

This is the end.